Chapter 10

The car screeched to a grinding halt and you flung the car door open and darted out to the field. You heard Scott call your name but all you could think of was Stiles. You had to save him. The problem was...how?

Bright light glared from above as you spotted Stiles sitting calmly cross-legged in the middle of the open field. You were quite sure that the Sun was purposely trying to burn you alive.

You dug your feet in the ground and forced yourself back. This is not the Stiles you know, you told yourself, This is Void Stiles. He is evil.

You resisted the urge to put a hand on his face or check for sunburns but there weren't any. All you could see were his dark bags around his eyes and his smirk that was still there, even as he was sitting down quietly with his eyes closed.

With them still closed, he said, "It's so good to be back. And look who we have here."

He stood up and opened his eyes slowly, before walking around you and looking at you the way a predator does to its prey. Goose bumps appeared on your arms and the hair rose on the back of your neck. This was all so very wrong. Someone as laid back and fun as Stiles couldn't be as evil and prefatory as this...right?

Void Stiles clicked his tongue and looked you up and down while giving an appreciative nod, "Not bad. Stiles has...mixed feelings for you, y/n. Sadly, Stiles is no moe. I am the nogitsune. Pleasure to meet you."

He grinned wildly and you took a doubtful step back. Maybe it was a mistake to come here before Scott and the rest arrived. Were you going to die? This young? In the hands of him?

You took another back and he took one towards you. Void Stiles looked almost...hungry. He took another to you and you fell back on the grass. Pain shot up your spine. You bruised your tailbone but the moment kept you from the pain.

"Stop," you heard Scott's voice coming from behind you.

You turned around as gently as you could as to not hurt your tailbone even more, to see everyone-including Lydia and the rest-standing together and glaring at the grinning nogitsune. Scott's eyes turned an alarming blood red and his fangs appeared. Why hadn't you thought of that?

"Well, well, well. Somebody decided to show up," Stiles rolled his eyes.

  "Derek, get y/n back," he growled. Derek stepped forward and hefted you up and pulled you back. You stood at the back of the group.

  "Why are you here?" Scott asked.

  "So many reasons," the nogitsune grinned.

  "Tell me!" Scott shouted.

  You flinched. You had never seen him lose his cool before. Fear crept up your spine. Were they going to kill each other? They couldn't. They were Scott and Stiles; two halves of a whole idiot (jk, they're great). Scott took another step forward and Stiles looked at him as if he were a boring toy to a child.

  "What bring me here? You really want to know? That's nice. How about a little bargain? I love to bargain and play games, don't I? An answer for the girl."

  "Which girl?"

  "Which do you think?" he spat, "The special one. The shapeshifter. The one that can turn into everyone."

  "Um Scott," Peter interrupted, "Why don't you clarify for us all, okay? Who is he talking about- oh. Oh! Y/n. How was I so stupid before? You wouldn't just bring any girl. She's special."

  "Enough!" Scott roared and Peter put his hands up in an okay, okay fine gesture and took a step back.

  Sheriff Stilinski rubbed his face with his hand and mumbled, "Not another one."

  So this was why Scott never revealed about you. You could almost see the greed glinting in Peter's eyes. Your skin prickled. You didn't like the way Peter glanced at you. His face said it all. He wanted the power. He needed the power. You looked at the back of his head in disgust.

  "I am not giving her up. What is drawing you here? If you do not answer me, I will rip you apart. I will find a way to get you out of my best friend and I will rip you apart!"

  He crouched and snarled. Now that everyone knew about what you could do, you decided to go for it anyway and you walked to Scott's side and followed him. Your fangs appeared and your palms grew hot. Yellow coloured your irises and you heard the others behind you gasp. How were you going to save Stiles and not get him hurt?

  "I will tell you but you have to promise to let me roam free after," Void Stiles offered.

  "If you tell me," Scott said, "I will let you roam free but you cannot disturb me or my friends."

  "Scott. You can't-" Lydia started.

  "Deal?" Scott ignored Lydia and continued to face the nogitsune.

"The Nemeton," he snarled, "I need its power and so does all the creatures who've been here. They are aware of this. It draws them here. We all need power."

"The Nemeton?" Scott looked confused, "But I thought it was destroyed."

"Just because you can no longer see it, doesn't mean it is not there. Think. Think why all of the creatures come to you. Why? Is it because they cannot find the Nemeton? Or is it because you have someone who can?"

Void Stiles laughed and shook his head. He glared at Scott and waited for him to process everything. Scott stood there, dumbfounded. Who could it be? Maybe Lydia since she was a banshee? Or even Scott as he was an Alpha? Stiles sighed and paced around, bored and waiting. He whipped around impatiently.

"The girl!" he screamed and hurled himself at you.

Claws grew from your fingers and you scratched him on the face. He took a few lumbering steps back and faced you again, smiling even though blood ran from the left side of his head and down his face in a trickle of red.

"Stiles is coming with us," Malia shouted.

Lydia came forth and sucked in her breath. Scott raced to you and closed your ears. Lydia let lose a shriek. You could see the sound waves coming out of her mouth and you watched in amazement as Void Stiles fell to the ground and grunted.

You ran to Lydia's side. Adrenaline pumped in your veins. You held in a deep breath and nodded at Lydia who did the same. Timing it perfectly, both of you let out a bloodcurdling shriek. Stiles cowered on the floor and covered his ears, rocking back and forth.

A shape was being stretched away from him. The nogitsune. Suddenly, the shape solidified beside him. You held back a scream. A head, covered completely in yellow bandages, snarled at all of you. All you could see were its bloody teeth and hunched body.

It ran but another two shadows warped by you. Scott and Liam. They pounced on the nogitsune and it screamed and grunted before falling and it never moved again.

All raced to Stiles. You let out your breath when you saw him. He was fine, except for the cut along his face. You pushed through the crowd to get to him and hugged him tightly and he hugged you back. Lydia and Scott kneeled beside him and patted him on the shoulder.

"What now?" Liam asked.

Scott looked up at everyone and answered.

"We find the Nemeton."