Tuesday, 11:02 AM

"Psst! Newt!"

The blond opened his eyes momentary, taking in his surroundings. In the room he was at, stood --- this time --- three chairs, the same cameras that had been watching after every hall and every corner of the orphanage, but also the same lady and nurses that had drugged him the first time before he was thrown into that crazy room where monsters lived.

It almost seemed like a flashback, a déjà voûs from the last time he had been injected with anesthesia. He was sitting in a chair, with both of his wrists restrained in the exact same position as a drugged Alex was. However, what made it different and more terrifying than ever, was that this time, an other figure was with them. A brown haired with honey eyes that even the sight of him being restrained like that hurt his eyes. The same boy that had whispered to him those two words, the boy who was in this mess because of him.

Thomas. His Tommy.

"Don't worry, they won't hurt you." Thomas whispered, reaching out to hold Newt's cold fingers but failing as the metal straps were pinning his wrists down. Newt's heart sank at the sighting. "I won't allow them to."

"I've had enough of all of you." Mary, the woman who was apparently in charge, barked. "Here we live by cods and rules and anyone who doesn't wish to follow then gets punished." She spoke, her eyes showing nothing else but pure cold. "But our punishments didn't bring any good out. I am sorry It had to turn out this way."

The two boys shared a questioning look, but both sank at their chairs once two nurses approached with two injections in their hands. On top of each, was a small white piece of paper that wrote "euthanasia". The moment he read that, his struggles to break free became more frequent until the chair was actually shaking with him. Small groans and erratic breaths left his chopped lips whilst his pale body started to turn pink from the pressured the strands put on him.

On the other hand, Thomas did not move at all. His eyes remained glued on the injections and his head would occasionally lean back, but he would remain still. Newt could detect no fear, nothing that would give away that the boy was in unease. It was like Thomas faced a lifeless toy, and not a real life nurse that was about to kill him with a shot.

Newt admired that in him. No, to be completely honest, Newt envied that in him.

"I love you," He suddenly blurred out as his heart pounded against his chest. The nurses came closer and closer, until there was no room separating them from the two boys, but Thomas remained quiet. He was about to shut his eyes closed and welcome the black veil that would consume him in any given moment, but the sound of serenes made him open his eyes wide in shock.

Suddenly, all the tiny pieces of the puzzle fit in. Why Thomas stood so still, why he wasn't afraid, why he now wore a big smirk on his lips.

He had called 911.

Suddenly, the door bursted open and two police officers came inside while all of their guns pointed at Miss Mary, and the two nurses at the same time. The woman's eyes were wide, but she seemed to have realised that there would be no escape now. At least not this time.

"991! Put your hands where I can see them!" One of the police officers called out, and It was then that Newt shut his eyes and breathed out in relief.

"Told you I wouldn't let them hurt you." Thomas whispered, letting his phone slip from his hands and hit the concrete ground.

"Oh my baby! He's okay! He's okay!" Trina exclaimed as she hugged for the millionth of time Thomas' body earning a loud groan and a small shove from the brunet and apparently irritated boy.

"Mum, let go!" Thomas groaned out and Trina quickly backed away, sending him an apologising smile.

"Okay, but I am glad you made it out alive."

"I am glad we both made it out alive." Thomas corrected, wrapping an arm around Newt's shoulders who was currently wrapped inside a warm blanket the officers had given to him.

The blond sent him a small smile and rested his head on his shoulders in relief. He was alive. He had made it out alive. They all had made it out alive. So much was his relief, that he had failed to see the officer that came up to them with a small notebook on his hands.

"Mister Isaac, we owe you an apology." The older man said, giving him an awkward smile. "Had we known that the world wide famous criminal that used children for her own wicked purposes ran an orphanage, we would have never sent any children in here. But. . ." He coughed, looking down at his small notebook. "I am afraid we'll have to rearrange you, and mister Standall, to an other orphanage."

"That is where you're wrong." Mark chimed in, wearing a proud smirk on his lips. "You see, we have made the papers to adopt both him, and mister Standall."

"You have?" Alex asked shocked with widened eyes and a jaw that hang loose until the ground. However, when Mark nodded, his eyes lit up in joy.

"You have?" Newt asked, turning his head to look at Thomas who rubbed the back of his neck.

"You see, that's the surprise I got for you. . ." He trailed off, raising his head to look at him. "But things came up and. . ."

Before Thomas had the time to complete his sentence, the blond had crushed his lips to his, pulling the brunet boy in for a small and needy kiss that they both had needed. Once Newt pulled away, he smirked, shaking his head slowly from side to side.

"I love you, you dork."

"Your dork."

Newt grinned.

"And I love you too."