Monday, 8:30 PM

"Newt, darling, could you hand me the onion?" Trina asked while cutting the tomatoes and pushing them all into a bowl.

Newt didn't waste a moment thinking; He instantly grabbed the first thing he saw, and handed it over Trina who chuckled over the sight of what he was holding. To his own embarrassment, it was a cucumber. A bright flush formed at the blond's pale cheeks, and his lips were soon to be pulled into a grimace of dislike over his own goofiness. However, Trina just shook her head and eyed Newt from head to toes, already holding a questioning look. Newt didn't realize he was holding his breath until she spoke again.

"Are you nervous, Newt?"

"I..." He started, feeling his palms get sweaty. What was the right answer? "A little miss Edison..."

Instead of glaring at him, Trina gave him a bright smile, one that shook him out of his place. It was a genuine smile, a true smile, that made Newt question his own believes; No one had given him that kind of smile. In fact, no one was even that polite to him. He was taught to live in an environment where the slightest insult would be considered a good morning, and now, a woman was being nice to him? Why? All those questions roamed around his head, it clicked. She was Thomas' mother. She was the mother to a boy, whom even when a football ball would hit his head, he'd turn around and apologise.

"You don't have to be." She replied, pushing all the cut ingredients into the glass bowl.

"No?"

"Of course not. We won't bite you, darling. We just want to get to know you." Trina stated, taking the salad to her hands and then looking over at Newt. "Could you help me with the glass of water, please?"

Newt nodded, but once he took the big, glass in his hands and was about to take a step forward, he dropped to the ground and the glass shattered into million little pieces. Newt stared at the small shiny pieced wide eyed, as his breath got caught into his throat. If she hadn't insulted him then, she definitely would now.

"Oh my god," She gasped, and kneeled down besides the blond. "I forgot you were injured. I am so so sorry, Newt."

Even if her apology seemed genuine, Newt was beyond confused. "No, it's my fault. I swear, I'll pay for it."

Trina's look hardened for a little bit before it softened again. She took a deep breath, and shook her head. "You won't pay for it."

"No, ma'am, I keep my promises, really- there is no need to worry."

"No, I mean you won't pay for it because I won't let you. It's only glass, Newt. It's not important--"

"NEWT?!" Thomas came running inside the kitchen, and once he saw the blond kneeled to the ground dropped besides him and wrapped his arms around the little of his body. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? What are all those glasses?"

"Newt tripped and the glasses shattered." Trina explained as she started to clean the mess.

Newt just shook his head. "I swear I'll pay for it."

Thomas narrowed his eyes at his boyfriend and used his finger to lift up his chin in order for Newt to look at him. Then, he leaned in and connected their lips into a loving kiss, one that left them both breathless. Newt clinched to the other boy, not allowing him to let go. Broken, was the first word that came up to Thomas' mind. Broken and beaten up.

"You won't pay for it, Newt." Thomas assured, his fingers running through Newt's blond locks, "You won't pay because I won't let you. It wasn't your fault it happened, none of this is your fault. I don't know who said that you were responsible for every single bad thing that happens, but I can ensure you, you are not. You are a boy who has lots of love to give, who can light up my whole damn sky with his one smile, and the one who made me realise that home, is not four brick walls. Home is in the arms of the person who loves you, and you, Newt, you made me feel like home from the first second I texted you. So no. You're not paying for anything in here."

"D-Do you love me?" Newt shuddered, his eyes slowly lifting up to stare at Thomas' warm brown eyes. Thomas just smiled.

"To the heaven and back. With all of my heart, with all of my will, with all of my existence. I love you, Newt. Always and forever."

Newt seemed satisfied with the answer and therefore cracked a small smile. He buried his head at the crook of Thomas' neck and inhaled his scent; Apple mixed with boy's aftershave, the scent that was now his favourite. Thomas caressed the little of Newt's back, while his parents watched with a big smile on their lips, wondering whether or not they had seen two teenagers love each other like that, before.

"I love you too." Newt mumbled, and pulled back in order to stare at Thomas' puppy eyes. Thomas caressed his cheek, then his jaw, and sent him a big smile.

"Now," Mark said, softly, "It's dinner time, and I'm hungry. Every one at the living room!"

Trina chuckled and after giving Thomas a nod, followed her husband inside the living room. Thomas looked over at Newt who nodded his head and used both of his hands in order to get out -with some of Thomas' help-. Then, Thomas held Newt's hand tightly and kissed on it in a caring manner.

"Shall we go to dinner then?" Newt nodded, and gave him a small smile, squeezing his hand a little bit tightlier.

"I love you, Tommy."

"I love you too, Newt."