Friday, 9:14 PM

Newt stayed silent as he followed behind the slightly taller boy. His eyes darted along Alex's dark frame and rested for a moment on the silver reflection the moon had on his hair. It had been a couple of good ten minutes that he was observing him, and Alex hadn't spoken a word about where they were going or how they'd even get out of the devil's house, aka the orphanage.

The two boys walked down a long corridor whom had nothing but cracks on its walls. No paintings, no awards like the rest of the orphanage's walls, no children's drawings. It felt almost as naked as his bed was. Newt could practically hear the silence coming from the walls in contrast to the rest of the rooms in which on their every corner hid a child's laugh and smile.

This hallway seemed dead.

«Now don't get me wrong. I am not bringing you this way so I can rape you in a dark corner or something.» Said Alex and even If Newt only faced his back he could see the smile growing on his face. Alex seemed to like smiling.

«Then why are you bringing me over here If not to do that?» Newt joked and prepared himself for Alex's eye rolling.

«Trust me It's going to be worth the while.» He stated, but those were the last words he spoke.

Alex and Newt continued their way towards the end of the hallway in mere silence; Yet, the silence wasn't uncomfortable like the one that Newt was so used to when he was around other people. This silence had an understandment, something that made it comfortable enough for neither of the blond boys to be nervous. For the first time in his life, Newt was far from nervous. He felt peace and quiet, things that were far from nervous.

Newt, was far from nervous.

In a mere second, the two boys had reached the ultimate darkness, a veil that wrapped itself around their frames, as If consuming them into its abyss. Alex was the first one to get lost inside of It, and after sending one of his reassuring smiles towards Newt, the blond boy was the second one to follow. If the other meant to harm him right here and then, that would be the perfect chance for him. The thick darkness kept him from noticing anything that was 5 centimeters away from him. Cursing under his breath, Newt held out his hands trying to reach for something --- anything --- to hold on to. Seconds later, a firm but gentle grip was wrapped around his grip, pulling him further into the darkness that was becoming just more pitch than before.

The silence was that deafening, that when Alex pulled on the handle of a door and pushed it open, Newt winced as it sounded like an airplane crush to his ears. The silver haired boy walked further into the concrete ground of the last floor of the orphanage and stood in the center. Newt watched as the taller boy leaned his head back and shut his eyes, in a way admiring the moment.

«Do you need a special invitation to come in here?» Alex asked, his eyes opening before he turned to him. «Come on Newt, I don't bite.»

The blond gave him an hesitant look before he stepped on the concrete ground as well. His head spined around, trying to take in the beautiful scenery above him. The stars seemed brighter than ever the way they shone like diamonds and the leafs moved in sync, creating the perfect sound. Once he turned his head back to Alex, he found the silver haired boy sitting near the edge whilst his legs hang loosely in the gap before him. Newt was soon to sit besides him, locking eyes with whatever the other boy was eying right then.

Newt gasped when he saw it.

Before him laid the entire Britain. The people that walked around the streets assembled to small little faded dots beneath him, and the lights of the streets seemed to be replaced by dancing lights. Green, Red and Orange danced before him while their colors reflected to Newt's chocolate brown eyes that widened in awe. There laid the Big Ben, the London's bridge, and the queen quarters that also seemed to join the other lights into their slow dance.

It seemed. . . beautiful.

«Beautiful, isn't It?» Asked Alex as he swayed his feet right and left in the gap, as If reading his thoughts. The blue eyed boy then smirked, his head titled to the side. «I thought you'd like It.»

«It is.» Newt agreed, nodding his head before glancing back at him. «How did you. . .?»

«Find the place?» He shrugged. «I just wandered around till I bumped into the hidden hallway and then into this beautiful scenery. For some unknown reason, It just feels. . . calm.»

«Calms down your demons, huh?»

«Trust me, you have no idea.»

«Then tell me.» Newt shrugged. Once he saw Alex's questioning glance, he nudged his shoulder with his. «If we're to be roommates, I should at least know something about you.»

«Like what?» Alex pressed. Newt shrugged for yet once again.

«Dunno.» He answered. «How did you end up in here?»

«I was given for adoption three years before you came.» Alex said, his eyes locking with the lights of the Big Ben. But before Newt could ask, the boy shook his head. «I tried to suicide, believe it or not. Ya know, putting a gun to your temple and then pulling the trigger,» He noted, his finger erasing circles at his right temple. «And bam.»

Newt's eyes widened. «Why?»

«That's a story for an other time. Though what I can tell, Is that my dad couldn't put up with that. Him being the sheriff, he doesn't really stand bad behavior, less than a suicide of his younger son.»

«Believe it or not, you are not alone in that.» Newt spoke gently, trying to break the ice. «I once tried to commit suicide myself.»

«Why?» Now It was Alex time to be curious. «Why would you?»

«Everything seemed black back then. The one reason that I had to stay, was a boy I met. And he was my everything. But then something happened and. . .well. That changed to the worst.»

«How?»

«Him and I stopped talking. My aunt found out about me being a faggot and then forced me to have sex with strangers.» He spoke, pulling his one knee close to himself whilst the other hang loose on the gap. «And when she got caught, I got sent in this house of crap and assholes. No offence though,»

Alex bursted in laughs. «Untaken.  But,» He rolled his eyes nudging his shoulder with his head. «Seems like we'll actually get along. You're not that retired.»

«Why thank you,» He chuckled. «Nice piercing, by the way.»

«Like It?» Alex smirked. «I did It to annoy my dad some more.»

«And the hair?»

«Also to annoy my dad.»

Newt bursted in laughs. «Well aren't you an angel yourself?»

«Always,» Alex retorted. «How about yours? I've never seen such a color in my life. Is it painted?»

«At some point yes. But my dirty blond is my natural hair color.»

«Nice.» Alex smiled, leaning his back down, pressing it against the concrete wall. «I like It.»

Newt copied his movement, pressing his back down at the ground as well. Then, he turned to look at his phone, a frown plastering his face. Sighing, he rolled his eyes and leaned his head back trying to inhale as much as possible. However that didn't pass unnoticed from Alex.

«Is that the boy?» He asked, nodding towards his phone.

«Yeah, me messaged me.»

«Then answer.»

«I don't know what to say.»

«Just. . .» He frowned. «Try to be yourself. It is always appreciated.»

Newt smiled, and nodded in a thankful manner towards Alex. Believe It or not, Alex had been better friend to him than his friends who he knew for his entire life. Therefore, he took out his phone, and typed the first message that came to his mind.

Newt: hey, Tommy❤