Wednesday, 8:32 AM

The two boys had spent the night together cuddling together and both holding tightly each other as If they'd get abruptly torn apart for once again. From the two, Newt was the one that shook the most, and Thomas could do nothing but whisper sweet nothing at his ear and hold him tightly close to his chest.

He couldn't believe he was losing him for yet once again.

So now, they both stood outside the train station, waiting for the train that was supposed to take Newt to the airport and from there to Britain. Thomas suddenly hated trains. Not only because he was this close to be stuck into one when he was a little boy, but also because they were taking the love of his life away from and into a new country. Thomas hated trains.

He watched while Newt gripped the little suitcase he had in his hands. Gripped, then loosened his grip then gripped again while keeping his look to the ground and chewing his lower lip. Thomas struggled to keep a straight face on, and not just break into sobs right then and there.

He couldn't understand why Karma was doing this to him. He couldn't understand why every chance he got to be happy, got thrown at his feet and got torn apart until it bled out. He couldn't understand why he couldn't for once be happy.

Lost in those thoughts, he barely even realised that the train had arrived to the station and was whistling for the passengers to get on board. Suddenly, Newt's head jerked up, and both of their looks locked up into an intense stare. Two chocolate brown hues stared right into two hazel hues and suddenly, time seemed to stop ticking and the world seemed to stop spinning. It felt amazing, like Thomas was suddenly in a bliss.

It felt better than drugs.

«So. . .» Thomas started as he slowly shifted his look towards the train. «You're leaving . . .»

«I am sorry, Tommy. . .»

Thomas shook his head. «It wasn't your fault. I should have sticked to my own business.» Newt gave him a questioning glance, but kept quiet, in a way pushing Thomas to continue. «That way you'd have still been here.»

«But you did what you did to help me. You got Nina arrested.»

«Yeah. . .» The brunet mumbled but shook his head. «But you would have still been her---»

Before Thomas could even finish his sentence, a pair of pale, chopped lips brushed his own pink ones and a hot breath tickled his skin. Thomas shut his eyes, and wrapped his arms around the little of Newt's waist before allowing the kiss to deepen. They had only a few minutes left before Newt would be forced to get in that train and disappear from Thomas' life, so he would make the best of them.

«We're still going to text,» Newt whispered with a cracking voice, «Like the old times. You're going to bother me at nights and I'm going to complain that I can't sleep and. . .»

«Newtie,» Thomas objected and shushed the blond by pecking his lips. «You need to get on board.»

Newt nodded and to Thomas dislike took some steps back towards the heavy, metal train. Thomas had to shut his eyes, in an attempt to memorise that last kiss he and Newt had but when he opened his eyes, Newt was already sitting on a passenger's seat near the window. Thomas' heart broke into tiny little pieces, but he wouldn't let Newt see through his heavy metal armor.

He needed to be strong.

For Newt.

Newt's fingertips touched the window, and in a mere moment, Thomas was standing right outside the train. He placed his own hand at the glass window where Newt's hand was, and in a moment, everything seemed right in the world.

Until the train started moving.

Newt tensed, and so did Thomas. Suddenly, the train jolted to life and started to head towards the infinite lines ahead. Thomas saw Newt whispering something that he couldn't hear over and over again but before he could have register his own actions, he started to ran after the train as fast as he could. The train however started to speed up, and in no more than 5 minutes, it had already become a small blur in the morning mist.

He fell down to the knees, his skin getting scratched from the hard concrete ground of the train lines. His look, however, remained frozen on the phone in his hands that had just lighted up with a message, the words that Newt spoke and he couldn't hear.

I love you, Tommy.

And that was the moment when Thomas finally broke down.