Monday, 11:12 PM

Alex looked at Newt nervously, tangling and untangling his fingers. With a closer look, he could see the boy shake, let alone the shade of fear that had taken over his facial expressions.

Alex was afraid.

«Are you sure you want to do this?» Alex questioned following behind Newt who led him down the hallway. «We can think this through----Maybe think an other plan, an better plan and-----»

«Alex.» Newt whispered turning around so that he could face the silver haired boy. «We thought this through. We deactivated the cameras and now we shall leave.»

Alex sighed and after sending the boy a look that practically yelled I hope you're right, continued to follow the blond down the hallway, however the look of fear never really got erased from his face nor his eyes.

It was one of the nights that you could believe that the orphanage could be actually haunted; No sound could be heard other than the uneven heart beat of the two boys. Yet, It wasn't that that creeped Newt out, urging him to curl into a tiny ball to protect himself. It was the easiness of the mission.

Never in his life things were that easy, and from the events that colored his life more unfortunate than the series of unfortunate events he could conclude that nothing really could be easy.

So why was this easy?

Wasn't this place supposed to be an orphanage that manipulated its children? Weren't they supposed to brainwash him, get him in the organization of Illuminaty or whatsoever and use him to fulfil their darkness goals? Weren't they that to nurses of this orphanage? Weren't they the victims?

So after everything they had done to them, after everything that Newt and Alex had gone through in that room of pain, wasn't this far too easy?

After a while of walking done the same dead corridor, Newt reached the door though to his eyes, It seemed like heaven. To his eyes it reflected all of his hopes of a normal life, something that he failed to have ever since his parent's passing. To him, it was the door that would lead him to a normal life. Yet when it came to him to actually open the door, he hesitated. His hand hovered over the doorknob but it didn't actually turned it so that the door would open. Suddenly, he got filled with insecurities.

What If it was a trap?

«Are you going to open the god damn thing today?» Alex questioned and without asking for permission, he turned the doorknob and opened the door wide open for them to go through.

It was soon though that the entire room got filled with a sirene's cries that brought blood out of both Newt and Alex's ears. It was deafening, and Newt was worried that after this, he wouldn't be able to hear any thing that would happen around him. With his hands brought up to cover his ears, he signalised for Alex to follow him and before he could realise it, he found himself running. To where? He couldn't even answer that himself.

It was then that he bumped into two muscular bodies. The blond slowly turned to look up at them, widening his eyes before his look fell to his right, to Alex, who seemed to be in the exact same situation as him. The two men grasped both of their arms, holding them both still. Newt winced from their strength, but didn't say a word.

What could he say?

«Madam Mary wouldn't be so happy with the two of you.» One of the men said, grasping Alex tight enough so that he would wince. «At all.»

And with that being said, he started to drag both of them inside but not before Newt had taken out his phone, unblocked his number and sent the text that he though would maybe save his life or doom him furthermore.

Newt:
S.O.S