Sunday, 12:45 AM

The blond boy kept his head down whilst holding the phone in his hands. The machine never really vibrated, as an indication that Alex had arrived. Actually, ever since his last text, he hadn't heard from Alex.

Was he worried? No. He knew that the silver haired knew how to take care of himself as much as he knew that the sky was blue. Therefore, the option that something had happened to him, was more like thinking that a zombie apocalypse would happen.

It'd never happen.

But, that didn't mean that he left out the option that something else had happened to him. The seconds turned into minutes, the minutes into hours. . . and suddenly, he was there waiting for almost three hours. And suddenly, the usual feeling of unease returned back to him, now stronger than ever.

Something was off.

«Excuse me,» A lady spoke causing Newt to widen his eyes and jerk his head up to look at her. «What are you doing here?»

«I uh-----» He trailed off, running his hand through his hair in an attempt to come up with something. «Nothing?»

«You're missing the play time.» The lady spoke in an mechanic manner. The woman herself caused an unknown feeling to erupt at his chest. Was it fear?

He took some time to observe her carefully. Her eyes were glued to his little figure, and a fake smile was plastered at her lips. Her hair, that had the color of fire were curled at their ends in an weird way were one of the many reasons as to why the lady terrified him so much. And her clothes? They were like the lady had just came out of a horror movie; Devoid of color, and. . . numb. Could clothes be numb?

In conclusion? She was terrifying.

«The play time?» Newt merely repeated. «What the bloody hell is that?»

The lady however, kept looking at him with the same look full of apathy, without making one single move. «Mister Standall is there as well. You are the only one who is absent. Please, follow me.»

Alex is there? Then why didn't he text me? It wouldn't take more than five seconds to text. The thoughts roamed around his head, making him wince. But then, one last thought made his legs numb. Maybe he didn't have the time to text before. . .

No. He was being paranoid. That kind of stuff only happened in the movies. The scenario itself seemed like It was out of a horror movie. The Saint Mary's orphanage was just an ordinary orphanage. Nothing more. He was being paranoid.

Wasn't he?

«Please, follow me right this instance.» The lady pressed but before he could protest, she had already turned her back and started to walk inside. And the creepiest part? She didn't even glance back at him.

Now more confused than ever, the blond slid his phone at his jeans back pocket, before with a frown, he stood up and started walking after the woman. Every single thing around him screamed that he shouldn't have. Damn, who would even follow a creepy lady? But he had to know.

What happened to Alex?

The lady led the way somewhere else though other than the giant room in which he remembered he had witnessed the adoption day. This time, their play time from what he could see, would take part in a room right in the of a long, dusty, and drained of life hallway that held no colors.

Turn around and run for you life, his subconscious screamed at him but for some reason, he was left petrified, to walk after her.

But as soon as he walked through that wooden door, he regretted not having listened to his subconscious. He regretted it big time. For right there, in one of the two leather chairs that the room held, sat Alex, whose hands and waist were pinned down at the chair and whose eyes had widened when he realised his presence. There, sat an Alex, who looked whiter than the paper itself, and more tired than ever.

«Alex?» His voice came out as a mere whisper, as he was suddenly more terrified than ever. What were they doing to him? What was going on?

«N-Newt?» The silver haired asked as If he was seeing him for the first time. No hint of recognition was registered at his eyes. It was like he knew him by his name, and nothing more.

«Please take a seat and stay quiet.» The lady ordered, but the words that Alex's lips formed pushed him to do otherwise.

Run.

And that's what he did. He took off in a quick sprint but once he reached the door, two men came out of nowhere and blocked his exit. Whether he wanted it or not, he was trapped in the room.

«What the bloody hell is going on in this god damned place?!» He exclaimed, but he got no answer. Instead, one of the muscular men that blocked his exist pushed him back again and again, until his back was firmly pressed against the free leather chair.

Right next to Alex.

As if that triggered the lady to jolt to life, she quickly but robotically walked up to him and before he could even register it, he was being pinned down to the chair the same way Alex was; both of his hands and waist were restrained by something that resembled to two metal lines. Newt tried pulling on them, struggling for his freedom but once he saw that the metal restrainments not only had they not bent but they stood still, only then he realised he was screwed.

He turned his head to the side, carefully watching the boy besides him do nothing but stare ahead. Then, it hit him. This orphanage is a living hell, Newt. And you know nothing just yet. To tell the truth, he had once thought that the fact that he wasn't adopted had pissed him off, somehow. But now he saw more reasons behind his words.

So much more reasons.

Poor Alex.

«Now If you could please stand still,» The lady said with pure irritation taking out one of the huge needles she held and always scared the life out of him. Without waiting for an answer, she stabilised his hand by grabbing his forearm with her big nails and slowly stabbed the needle inside his vein. After that, she injected the cold liquid inside of him whilst wearing one of her mischievous smirks.

It was then that Alex jolted into life and turned his head to look at Newt. Newt, with his vision going blurry --- mostly due to the injection --- saw nothing more than the rage, concern, and worry registered at his eyes. However, the words that he spoke came out alternated to him, even Alex's voice had changed. And yet, he never heard him saying;

«I won't let her hurt you.»

A/N:

So i took some time to think about your protests for the end of this book and thought that this plot twist would most likely turned the 10 chapters to 15 or even 20.

Sooo... 20 more chapters to the end:) good stuff are coming.

Stay tuned for more;)

Sincerely,
Newt.