+ five.

I don't know if I want to tell anyone about me and Ethan yesterday, not even Kayla.

I wake up with my phone being flooded with texts from my friends, mostly Ethan.

Messages From:

Kay💋 (2)
Ethan(7)
Grayson(1)

I sigh and rub my eyes, since I just woke up. I don't feel like texting anyone, but I text Kayla back since it's been our routine for over a year now.

                            Kay💋

hey
good morning :)

                                  good morning :)

I immediately shut my phone off and lie back down for a little bit. Not being able to go to sleep, I check my other notifications that I haven't checked.

Gray🤙🏼

hey Aurelia, you
awake?

sorry I just
woke up lol

When I'm done texting Grayson back, I check my seven message notifications Ethan sent me.

Ethan

hey Aurelia :)
can't wait to see
you today.
you're probs asleep.
ugh I'm bored 🙄
okay ig I'll leave you
alone.
text me when you wake
up!
remember, the park
at noon. :)

Shit! I forgot that I have to meet him today. I roll my eyes and text him back.

                                      I'm awake now,
                                     and I remember
                                     lol

I set my phone on my bed and sit up, indian-style. I look at my phone and wait for Ethan to read it. I wait and wait, my stomach getting more anxious for some reason.

ok good lol, he responds.

I ignore Ethan's text and check the time. It's 10:45, I need to get around.

I stand in front of my closet, baffled. I have no idea what to wear. We're just going to the park, and it's not a date, so I guess I'll dress like I would any other day.

I dig through my closet and finally find a presentable outfit. A pink t-shirt and some ripped shorts, since it's hot out. What am I gonna wear shoe wise? I don't know yet. I look at the shoe rack that hangs on the back of my door and analyze every pair, seeing which ones would go best. I decide my low-cut white converse will do. I pull my hair up in a high pony tail and do a little foundation and mascara. Then, I'm out the door.

I'll just walk to the park since it's a nice day, and it's only a 5 minute walk. I get there and immediately see Ethan signaling me to come sit on the bench with him. I hesitantly walk over and place my body next to his. I notice him twiddle with his thumbs for a minute until he decides to break the silence.