+ twenty five.

It's been a few days since talking to Kayla about what we're going to do to honor my mom. My grandma and aunt are coming down to stay at mine and the twins' apartment and they should be here anytime tonight. I've been busy all day cleaning and mentally preparing how I'm gonna introduce the twins and explain things, after all, it doesn't look the best that I'm in my own apartment with two twin teenage boys when I very much could've stayed with my grandma or aunt. I'll think of something.

"Guys, remember. It's my grandmother and aunt on my moms side and I haven't seen them in awhile so it means a lot to me that I— we make a good impression, okay? Especially since I'm living 'on my own' now." I pause. "With you guys of course."

Grayson rolls his eyes. "Aurelia we know, you've told us like 60 times." Ethan nods in agreement and I playfully slap their arms.

"I know but I really, really, really wanna make sure this all goes good. This is a really big deal to me." I scrub the counter with cleaner and a wipe and Ethan raises an eyebrow at me.

"I think you've cleaned that counter twelve times today."

"Ethan don't even start." I sigh. He puts his hands up in defense and walks away.

I decide to call Kayla just to talk and for some reassurance.

"Hey!" She picks up.

"Hey, so I have some news," I bite my lip anxiously through the phone. "my aunt and grandmother are coming to stay and they'll be here sometime later tonight!"

"Oh my gosh!" Kayla yells through the phone. She hasn't seen them just as long as me so this is a big deal for her too. "Why didn't you tell me? I wanna see them!"

"This all just happened like, two days ago. I've been so busy prepping and planning and cleaning. It's just been really stressful and busy around here so I haven't had time to talk to anyone except myself." I laugh. "Plus the circumstances aren't really the best."

The line goes quiet for a minute while Kayla thinks of the right thing to say. "I know and I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances, but try to think positive! You get to reconnect with family you haven't seen in years!" She puts on a happy tone as best as she can. "Plus, when's the last time you saw them anyway?"

"Shortly after my dad died."

"Ugh, you just can't get a break can you? You're older now and way more responsible, just try to make it positive and as fun as you can. I have faith in you."

"Thank you." I smile through the phone, even though she can't see me.

I'm sitting on the couch, scrolling through Hulu desperately trying to find an appealing show to watch, but I've either watched it or it looks like it's not my style TV show. I'm just trying to pass time waiting for my family to get here. I don't know why I'm so nervous, but I am. I just want them to be proud of me. Finally, the door bell rings and I don't think I could have gotten off the couch any faster.

"I got it!" I run to the door. I open the door to reveal a familiar face. "Oh, Kayla. Come in."

"Well it's nice to see you too." She laughs and flips me off. I just laugh back and roll my eyes.

"Sorry, I thought you were my grandma and aunt. Wanna pick out a show?" I give her the remote and we sit down. We decide to watch Family Guy because it's funny and we both love stupid humor.

The boys come out to see Kayla and I on the couch.

"Oh hey Kayla," Grayson rubs his eyes like he just woke up from a nap. "long time no see."

"Literally." She laughs. "Hey guys." Ethan gives her a quick nod and smile to greet her and they decide to join us in watching our episode.

Twenty minutes into our Family Guy episode, the doorbell rings again, this time startling me.

"I got it again!" I yell.

"Surprise!" My grandma smiles.

"Hi guys!" I give them both a hug. "It's so good to see you both."

"Hi honey, it's been awhile. How have you been?" My aunt rubs my cheek.

"I've been good, considering how life has been treating me." I laugh, trying to make it positive. "How have you guys been?"

"I've been good. Life has been pretty lonely living all by myself." My grandma fake pouts and I laugh. My aunt playfully rolls her eyes.

"Ignore her, I see her every day. I've been good honey, just keeping myself busy a lot with work and everything." My aunt puts her bags down by the door and I figured it'd be a good time to introduce them to the boys.

"Okay guys, this is my grandma and aunt Leanne. Grandma, aunt Leanne, this is Grayson and this is Ethan." I point to each one when I say their names, so they can easily tell the boys apart. I finish by pointing to Kayla, "And of course, Kayla who you all know and love."

"Oh I'd know that face anywhere! Give me a hug!" My grandma runs to hug Kayla and welcomes her with open arms.

"Hi honey, my turn!" My aunt gives her a hug.

"I missed you guys!" Kayla says with a big smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you guys." My grandma and aunt smile, shaking both Grayson and Ethan's hands.

"Nice to meet you both." The twins smile. "Why don't we help you unpack?" Grayson smiles and grabs one of their bags.

"We'd really appreciate that. Thank you boys." My grandma gives Grayson a warm smile and follows them to assist in unpacking.

"So," My aunt comes up to just me personally. "living with two boys should be fun. Which one do you like?" She smirks.

"Aunt Leanne!" I blush. I can't tell her I don't know who I like because she hasn't seen me in years, I don't want her first impression of me to be trashy. "I don't like either of them, we're just friends and they were nice enough to offer me to live with them." I shrug it off, hoping she won't bring it up again.

"We'll see about that one." My aunt winks at me.

This should be fun.

+++

hi guys <3 thanks if you're still reading. I appreciate it since I'm always so spotty with updating.
* please vote and/or comment! it keeps me motivated to keep writing :) *