Chapter 9: The Alpha

"So who's this alpha that attacked me?" I ask Natey. I sit down on my bed and scoop out ice cream straight from the box.

Natey stares. "You know we have bowls, right?"

I roll my eyes. "Stop trying to change the subject and of course I know that, this is just easier."

He laughs. "You know some would consider you a bad Luna with absolutely no manners or tact."

"What's tact?" I ask with my mouth full of ice cream.

He sits down next to me crossing his arms and leaning back. "Lucky for you I don't care about that." He closes his eyes.

"Hello?" I wave the spoon in front of his face about to tap it on his nose but he catches it.

"Sweetie, please don't."

I scoop more ice cream. It's ube flavored, my favorite flavor, and I like it from this one ice cream parlor in a small part of town. He went to great lengths to get it and I actually appreciate it, but he won't know that. "So this alpha?" I question.

He sighs. "Um you might know him."

"Ok, who is he?"

"Don't be mad."

"How can I be mad? This man attacked me. I'll be happy to know who he is."

"No, don't be mad we locked up an alpha you know."

I sigh exasperated. "Who is it, Nathaniel?"

"Don't be mad."

He's met with silence.

"It was Christopher."

"Chris? Of all people, Chris? How could you? Oh this is a new low for you. Chris would never do that, Chris would never attack me. He's like my brother. He cares about me. You can't lie to me about him."

"Ok well I'm not lying. Maybe he's obsessed with you. Maybe he thought if he couldn't have you, then I or no one else could, and attacked you. When we were interrogating him, all he talked about was you, and he said some not so nice things."

"What?" I ask in disbelief. "Chris would never. I can't believe this." I start to get up to leave but Nathaniel catches my wrist.

He pulls out his phone. "Look these are security footage clips from the dungeon of him saying awful things about you."

I look at his phone and take it in my hand as the video starts playing. "Cris, Cristine, is all about herself. She's selfish, cruel, worthless really. She'll use you. She'll use you for your status, money, fame, I guess. Don't even think she's clean, I've had her, multiple times, and so have many other men. She's nothing, tell Nathaniel to get himself a real Luna." The video ends. Tears drop off my face onto the phone and more run down as I close my eyes.

"Cris?" Natey asks quietly. He takes the phone back. "Oh sweetie." He wraps his arms around me putting his chin on my head. "Don't worry, we'll figure something out-"

"He's lying. I'm clean. I've never-I've never, done anything like that." I whimper and break down even more.

"Shhh, it's ok, I know sweetie, I know. I can tell when you're lying and you're telling the truth right now. He's just trying to break us up right now and it's not going to work. We're stronger than that." He kisses the top of my head before grabbing the box of ice cream. I rip it back from his hands and scoop more. He sighs. "That's the last box."

"I know." I shove the spoon into my mouth.

"Don't finish it all now, what if you get upset later on?"

I look at him. "Well then don't make me upset. And well you're gonna have to do something about that if I do."

He sighs. "I'll go buy more." He gets up to leave but I grab his arm.

"Please stay."

He sits down. "Why?"

"Because I need you here while I'm trying to cope with the fact that my childhood best friend is actually a jerk."
I shove more ice cream in my mouth.

He smiles sadly at me. "Yes, I'm sorry about that. But we'll get through it, I promise you." He leans in and kisses the side of my head before hugging me. I fall asleep in his arms and with my ice cream probably melting in my hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote if you liked it, thanks!! ☺️☺️