Chapter 7: Thoughts

Cris' POV
I looked up from my plate to see Nathaniel just smiling at me.
"What?" I asked.
"Do you like the food?"
I put my fork down. "No."
His face falls. "Oh. I'm sorry. Tell me what you like to eat and I'll try to make it for you."
I sigh. "Pizza."
"Pizza? But you could just order it-"
"Exactly. I don't want to eat your cooking." I push my chair back and get up calmly walking back to my little prison cell, I mean room. I'm confused as to why he's being so nice, he literally just locked me up in a room an hour ago.

Nathaniel follows me back to the room. "Why are you being so difficult?"
I scoff. "I'm difficult? Who's the one who took their mate and locked them up in a room refusing to let them out? You know, Chris would never-"
"Don't you talk about him in this household!!!" He yells.
"Household? Chris is nice-"
"Oh honey, he's slept with every female in your pack except for you. Yes, even mothers and married women. Why do you think your mother loves him so much?" He says calmly.
I gasp "No! That's not true!"
"Ok, the older women part is an exaggeration but he's slept with everyone our age so he's not so nice and innocent as you think sweetie. He's not a virgin."
I scoff. "Yeah like you are."
"I am."
I blink.
"I've saved myself for my mate but my mate doesn't even like me so it's sad."
A man as attractive as him is a virgin? Whoa.
He scoffs "you don't even believe me do you? Fine I can't tolerate a conversation with you anyway." He waves goodbye and locks the door on his way out. I just glare at it. Can't believe he's a virgin.

I wake up the next day with drool hanging from my mouth and seeping onto the pillow. I wipe it and look at it, yeah, sooo attractive. I lie on my back thinking about Nathaniel. I wonder why he's trying so hard. I wonder why he gets so frustrated when I don't like something, like geez it isn't the end of the world if I don't like your cooking. I wonder if he actually likes me or if it's just the bond. I wonder if he finds me attractive. I wonder if he wants kids or not. Whoa, that escalated quickly. There's a knock at the door making my head whip to the side.

"Hey mate, good morning. I made you breakfast." He sets the tray down in front of me. "Here's some eggs, bacon, and yogurt." He smiles.

"I'm allergic to eggs, vegetarian, and lactose intolerant."

The smile slides off his face. "Oh. I'm sorry." He takes the tray away looking sad. I immediately feel bad and know I can't do this anymore.

"No I'm sorry. I'm none of those things. I can eat all of it."

He raises an eyebrow. "Then why did you say you couldn't?"

I laugh nervously. "I, uh, wanted to be difficult? I can eat all of it, see?" I say while shoving the eggs in my mouth trying to smile.

He laughs then takes a quick photo. "You're cute." He kisses my forehead and walks out of the room.

"Wait where's my drink?" I yell out.

He comes back in. "There's water bottles all stacked in that corner."

"Why?" I question.

"Because your file said you were susceptible to dehydration so I didn't want to take any risks and stacked water bottles all throughout the house. I also knew you weren't allergic to anything." He smiled.

My heart broke a little, in a good way of course. He was so sweet. That's why he looked so sad before, he knew I was lying to him about being allergic. And he's put up with me anyway. I smile. "Thanks."

His smile grows. "Of course." He turns and leaves the room.

No locking the door? "Hey! You forgot to lock the door!" I call out teasingly.

"I know!" He yells. "I trust you."