Chapter 3: The Wolves Ball

The Wolves Ball, the Wolves Ball, the Wolves Ball. Oh my goodness the WOLVES BALL I mean THE GREATEST AND MOST EXPENSIVE AND EXCLUSIVE BALL IS TONIGHT AND I'M GOING. I just about lost it right there. I was excited, don't get me wrong, but terrified at the same time, I'm an omega, I've never been to one of these things, I don't know the customs, traditions, heck if it weren't for Chris, I wouldn't even be going. Good gosh diddly darn I don't even have a dress, how could I be so forgetful, I've been so focused on my chores and tasks in the kitchen and begging my mother to let me off my kitchen duties tonight that I worked overtime just so I could go to this ball. Now I don't even have a dress, wow, all that hard work for nothing, eh, it's not like I had the money for that anyway. I sigh and flop back on my bed. Maybe I'll ask to borrow a friend's-"Hey Cris!" Chris comes in smiling. I notice he has a long bag in his arms. I peak at it "whatcha got there, Chrissy?" He playfully glares at me "never call me that" I giggle at his attempt to be serious but he's never been at least not around me, he's too loving and kind. I sigh again, it sucks that he's not my mate. He raises an eyebrow at my prolonged silence and thoughtful gaze. "Ooooookay. Well I got you a dress since I knew you being you would probably forget to buy one and because of your, um, constraints that you might not get an, um, incredibly fancy one and-" "Chris, just say it. I'm poor and I've got nothing, ok? But it's sweet of you to get me a dress, what color is it? What does it look like? Is it even my size? Chris, did you think this through?" I interrupt. He states at me then says in a firm tone "we are friends, Cris, always have and always will. I know your favorite color has been blue since we were five so obviously the dress is blue and as for the size, I measured you in your sleep." He says this without humor in his eyes. Holy pineapples of course we're friends, but I'm pretty sure friends don't do that. This is a whole new level of friends...or just creepy. I take the dress from him hesitantly. "Thanks" I murmur. He nods "well then, get dressed and then we'll head to the ball."

I stepped out of the limo and stared at the palace in awe. Of course I was on the arm of an alpha, because I was Chris' closest and only female friend and well since he didn't have a mate, he took me as his date but I'm still much lower than he is, hence, my amazement at a pile of bricks and stones painted in gold. Chris chuckles "come on, you haven't even seen the inside yet."

Chris has gone on to talk to other alphas while I just sit here in the corner with the punch table. Yup, just like all the sad movies annnnd here comes the guy. I see him approach the punch table but he casts a glance at me and I look up at him. We stare for the longest time I swear it's not normal. Then he growls suddenly and I jump. He stalks towards me and I barely manage to stand up (stupid heels) when he grabs me. "Mine!" He growls. I look at him, oh, so this is that "magical" moment everyone talks about huh? What a letdown. I sigh, I look up at him again mmm, tall and taller than Chris, wait, no, no Chrissy, this is my mate. Speaking of "um who are you?" I ask as politely as I can. He smiles "I'm Nathaniel Brimstone, little pumpkin, and you are?" "I'm-" "Hey!! Sorry to keep you waiting, it's just the other alphas get so chatty but I'm back now, ready to dance" Chris interrupts me and pulls me to the dance floor and out of my mate's embrace. I look back at him with pleading eyes not to be mad but he just growls. "Mine!!" Chris, being Chris assumes my mate just found his mate that wasn't me. He turns and smiles at him "congratulations, bro!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bahahaha sweet boy next door and childhood friend/sweetheart or hot, sexy, mysterious, cold-hearted with a messed up past mate?