Chapter 4: Little Rivalry, huh?

Nathaniel's POV:

I swing around to see my mate in Christopher's arms. Oh this is not going to work, not going to work at all. I have been enemies with Christopher since we were children, and yes, I let him win everything, and let everyone think me the bad guy but I WILL NOT let him take my mate. The one who is supposed to love me no matter what, the one to finally understand me, I whimper. No, no, I cannot lose her. I whip her out of Christopher's arms and growl at him. Christopher laughs "oh so you found another girl of interest huh? Well let me just tell you, I'm going to win this fight like I always do, she's my mate" he smirks. With that, I finally let loose, he never knew I was holding back all those fights, that I thought of him as a little brother, well, not anymore my mate is more important than some piece of shit. His mate? No she's mine. I pound his face in, bloody all over and unconscious I finally turn towards my mate. "How are you, my little pumpkin?" She blushes. "I-I'm fine but Chris is not-" I growl "never say Chris, Chris is too nice a name for him, he's Christopher" I don't know, I've always liked the name Chris so whenever Christopher's called that, it appalls me. "Oh by the way, my name's Cris, too" she said "just spelled differently." Oh, that's why. "Well Cris, come, I will take you to my palace" I grab her hand and she flinches away, scared. My eyes soften "pumpkin, you don't have to be scared of me" "yeah she does, you're a malicious and vicious monster" Christopher says getting up and wiping the blood from his mouth with his left sleeve something I learned he does to fool others into thinking he's left-handed, he's really not though, I learned that again as a child. I sigh "you should've stayed down boy" and knock him out cold with a blow to his head. "Come, pumpkin, it's alright, I won't hurt you, just the ones who get in my way to get you" I smile thinking I'm so romantic but Cris looks horrified and starts running away from me. My heart contorts in sadness than rage, she can't run from me, how dare she??? I chase after her and tell her to come back. Of course, she just runs faster. I shift in midair and tackle her. I growl in her face while she cowers in fear. Once I see her submit, I shift back and take her hand walking towards my home. She just stares oh, I forgot clothes, I kiss her cheek briefly then swiftly run into the woods to find spare clothes. I run back to her and carry her bridal style back home again smiling, she's finally mine. "Thank you, thank you for coming, I finally have someone to care for and love and someone to care for and love me in return" I whisper snuggling her neck.