Chapter 5: Evil or misunderstood?

Chris' POV:
I get up with a groan, how could Nathaniel beat me? I've been beating him easily for years, unless suddenly he's got this newfound strength, or has he been playing me all this time? No, he wouldn't, right? Ugh, I have to get Cris back, I know she's not my mate, but I love her and I can't let anyone take and hurt her, especially not him. Him of all people, the monster who killed my father, the monster who turned on our village, on his own pack. No, no, he can't take my Crissy I won't let him. With that, I take off shifting and sniffing him out, following his scent.

Cris' POV:
What the-? Where am I? Why am I in this room? I look around me, it's so fancy. Compared to the omega house, this is heaven. That's a bathroom for just this room alone, not one shared with the entire floor, a huge kind size bed, a desk, marble flooring, an actual shower which I get exited about when I enter the bathroom, usually we use hoses back at home, yeah, talk about lowest of the low. I squeal and somehow manage to turn the shower on and soak in heaven. When I'm done, I reach out for a towel but instead I grab a person's body, more particularly a stomach even more specific abs and I pull my hand back with a squeal. I peak past the shower curtain and Nathaniel smiles at me. "Perv!" I yell. He laughs "only for you, pumpkin, you are my one and only" Aw, that would be sweet if only he wasn't standing outside the shower while I'm naked. "Out! Get out, have you any decency?!?" I yell. He chuckles "as you wish my darling" I breathe out a sigh of relief. When I'm done getting dressed, I go out of the bathroom to see him sitting on the bed. I plop down next to him. "So you're my mate, huh?" He turns to me and smiles again "yes, I am. And you are my mate" he leans in to give me a kiss on the cheek. I blush furiously, I don't even know this guy and he's already making me nervous. He laughs again, "no need to be shy, I'm your mate, you can be comfortable around me" I hesitate thinking about his reputation and rumors about him. "Hey, do you want to get to know each other?" I ask hopefully. I really just wanted to see if he was as mean as everyone made him out to be. He gives me a questioning look "sure, princess, I know you're been wanting to ask questions, fire away" I let out a breath, getting ready "ok, so are you as evil as everyone says?" I look at him expectantly. He blinks "well, you're incredibly blunt, alright then, straight to the point" he sighs "what do you mean by evil?" I give him a look "don't play coy, you know what I mean, did u really kill Chris' father? Did you betray our pack?" He looks at me with sad eyes "yes" he whispers. "But it was for a good reason, Christopher's father wanted to kill him because he was so weak and as his father he was embarrassed so he wanted to kill him and make me alpha, obviously at the time, Christopher and I were best friends so I protected him without him knowing and now everyone just thinks I'm a crazy psycho who killed the alpha betraying the entire pack" I gasp with tears in my eyes "why couldn't you just tell them?" He shakes his head "no matter what I do or say for that matter, they will always believe the worst of me because they think so highly of their alpha they cannot believe someone such as myself, as a 12-year-old boy could defeat an alpha of such high status." He had tears in his eyes, too, now "I tried to tell Chris the truth but he wouldn't believe me, accused me of treason of the highest degree and said if I couldn't beat him then how could I bear his father, accused me of working with other wolves, he never knew I always, always,  held back for fear of hurting him, man, I loved him like a little brother, and he just couldn't see it" his head snaps up, his eyes hardening "it's only been a few minutes and you've already got me telling you my life story, hold on, I'll get you some food m, and please no more questions I can't take it" and with that he slams the door. Wow, I don't know what to think about that. He seems like a good person, he just has a hard time opening up to people.