So Far Away [Naruto Sequel] Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

"You yourself said that a smile is the best way to get out of a tough situation, right?"

Sai turned to her and smiled his fake smile. "Oh, yeah." Which in return, caused Sakura’s veins to pop out on her forehead and she fake-smiled back.

And with that little conversation, we moved on to our destination.

In the few hours of us walking, Naruto surprisingly had not started a fight with anyone—namely Sai.

The wind was blowing, dragging multiple pretty leaves with it. The leaves danced around my team, but yet it was still strangely quiet in this forest. And in front of me, I could see Naruto and Sai glancing at each other.

"It’s just about time." Yamato declared, interrupting Naruto and Sai’s Glance-Off.

"What is it, Captain Yamato?"

Yamato glanced every single way before suddenly turning and walking into a deep-looking forest area. "This way."

"This is where we die. Yamato is going to kill us. Murderer I say—"

"Hurry up!" He yelled, cutting me off. Pfft, rude.

Either way, we all followed him.

And as we did, I noticed snakes, lizard, spiders, and other things I didn’t care for, my skin actually crawled and I shuddered at the sight of them. "Whyyyy." I whined quietly and mostly to myself.

Yamato ducked under a fallen tree and we followed, except Sai and myself, we jumped over the tree. Sakura and Naruto kept asking Yamato questions like ‘Why are we doing this?’ and ‘What’s the meaning of this?’ but he ignored them anyway.

I glanced over to my right to see something that surprised me. "Ooh, look at the pretty Katniss plants!" I said excitedly, jumping and pointing to the plant.

"Shh." Sai hissed, and pointed at Yamato, who is speaking. I hung my head dejectedly and pouted at the pretty Katniss’

"The information Sakura got could be a trap. There’s a possibility that the Akatsuki might be… waiting to ambush us at the Tenchi Bridge." Yamato turned to look at Naruto with a stern look. "They might be after you, Naruto."

"Dun dun dunnn. Dramatic music."

"I don’t think there’s a great possibility, but you can never be too careful." Yamato reassured, totally and completely ignoring me.

And with that, we continued moving on, away from the pretty Katniss’ and horrible snakes, frogs, lizards, spiders…. Things I hate.

After a few more hours of walking, Yamato finally stopped in a clearing. He looked around before nodding his head. "This looks good enough… we’ll rest here tonight."

"What?!" Naruto’s voice cut through everyone else’s and he ran up to Yamato. "If we’re going to camp out, we should use the cave we just passed by instead of this wide open area…"

Ignoring what Naruto said, Yamato brought his two hands together to make handsigns. "Step back, everyone." He continued his handsigns before saying the jutsu’s name, which had something about a house. Giant pillars of wood emerged from the ground, and formed to create a rather large house. It had green roofs, too. "We’ll camp out here tonight."

"That’s… not camping. This is Glamping. Get your facts right." My eyebrow raised up as I stared at the fancy looking house, while Naruto’s eyes lit up and he ran inside immediately. Sai followed Naruto in, and so did Sakura and myself.

The inside was quite pretty too, with two sets of large stairs that led to the second floor, but other than that… there was nothing else. Just giant stairs, there wasn’t any furniture or something like that.

We all took off our shoes and started to explore the… stairs, and the rooms on the top floor. "I think our room just might hold something promising."

Hoping that Naruto was right, we continued to follow until we reached the door. Naruto swung it opened and to everyone’s disappointment, it was seriously just a room. There was no furniture or anything. "No furniture."

"W-…well, it’s better than sleeping outside!"

"Furnituree." I whined, but still walked through the room and to the window, while the others sat down and used their bacpacks as their pillows.

Sakura suddenly sat down next to me, causing me to lean back and stare at her. Why’d she sit next to me? This is my window, not hers. She sighed at Naruto and Sai, because of whatever they were doing, and then took off her Konoha headband.

Naruto suddenly plopped down next to me as well, "Hey! That is Mahogany!" I scowled at him, which made him jump in surprise.

"Actually, this house is made of oak…" Yamato replied from the doorway.

"Professer Oak?"

"… What?"

I grinned at them and waved my hand. "Nevermind."

--

End of chapter 10! :D Heyy, ten chapters in 5 months. Oh boy. xD

Sorry this is late… I had stuff to do. D: And I procrastinate way too much.

Hope everyone enjoyed! :D