I wrapped my arms around her.

"You didn't have to. But thank you." Breaking the embrace, I gave her a soft smile which she returned with a beautiful one of her own.

"No worries."

The car ride was silent after that. Within five minutes, we reached a massive building. It was called Park J. Enterprises. The driver opened the door for both of us. We stepped out of car. Sana's parents were in separate car. They were loaded, so it was given that they had more than one car.

The air was cool and crisp outside, nipping gently at my face and arms. There were paparazzi outside the main entrance, where the red carpet was. It seemed more like a film premiere than a company gathering. And I felt like a celebrity walking on the red carpet, the flashlights of camera, the attention.

So this is how it feels like to walk on the red carpet.

On the outside, I was calm. But on the inside, I was jumping up and down in excitement. Because all of this felt like a dream. It felt so surreal, so exhilarating.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth nor was I presented with everything on a golden platter, like Sana. I wasn't from a filthy rich family. In fact, I was from a very humble, middle class family and I was okay with it, really. I didn't really care about money. I had the love of my family, a roof over my head, and food to eat. I was rich.

Sana and I, we both were different, very different. But that didn't stop us from being best friends. She was brought up by very good parents. Her parents, even though they were rich, had always been good to her and me, unlike those rich people who simply neglected their families and only cared about money and work. They loved me like a daughter and Sana loved me like a sister. Although her older sister was another story; that girl hated me, I swear. I didn't know why and I didn't really care.

"This red carpet walk makes me feel good-" Sana interlinked her arm with mine, "-every time. I feel like a princess."

We both giggled at that.

The celebrity moment ended quite earlier than we wanted it to and we entered the pristine building. It was massive and seemed very well furnished with extremely beautiful interior decór. Everything seemed latest and expensive. Very expensive.

Our heels clinked on the linoleum floor as we walked towards the party hall. The guards standing outside opened the door and a cool gust of air caressed our faces. As we entered, I noticed that the hall was filled with people. The chitter chatter was the loud and proud evidence of it. Women in beautiful dresses and expressive jewellery, and men in suits or tuxedos, everyone seemed prim and proper. Everyone seemed rich.

I felt like an outsider here. Like I didn't belong here. It was weird and daunting. Mostly daunting. Intimidating. It seemed like everyone was looking at me and pointing at me. I shook my head and shooed these stupid thoughts away.

"You okay?" Sana asked.

I nodded and then smiled reassuringly at her.

"Let's go."

An hour later, I was exhausted. I had met so many people, none of them which I knew. They all knew Sana and she introduced me to them. The muscles of my cheeks were hurting now because had to keep a fake smile on my face for most part of the hour. And not to forget the cruel heels I was wearing; they were killing me.