Shane's Letter

Dear Blink,

            I'm not one to ever be sappy. Shit, you know that...I guess it's kinda horrible you do. But I realized something important. I realized that no matter how many times I tell you I'm sorry. No matter how many times it falls from my lips. No matter how many times I choose to say it as an expression of my guilt, it'll never make a difference.

           Not to you. Not to me. Not to the mistake I made. Those two words are just a pathetic excuse and mean nothing without trust. The only thing my mother ever used to tell me was that actions speak louder than words. I used to think it was utter bullshit, but now I get it. I took it the wrong way a long time ago, only using my hands to settle my problems. I see the importance it holds now.

          I hope you see that those actions begin with your escape from that club. Some of the stuff I discovered about that place while Justin and I were scheming... I just know that you of all people should never be treated like that. Same goes with all the others— After some more digging around I learned of your friend Jessica. You should know that she's safe, too. Give me a few weeks and everything will be gone, including that dickhead who runs it.

           I don't think I'm capable of stroking Justin's ego even while I'm writing this letter. But you should know that I appreciate him and his ability to be there for you. Something I don't think I ever was able to achieve.

           I can't tell you where I'm headed or what I'll do from here on, but at least I know that moving on is best.

Don't Blink,

Shane

This is kind of pitiful, but I needed to absolve the mystery of Shane's disappearance 

xx