013

"Blink are you even listening to me right now?" Caia sighed angrily, snapping her fingers in front of her friends face to grab her attention

Blinking back into reality, Blink nodded quickly, clearing throat and shifting to completely face her best friend. 

The two of them were currently in Caia's dorm, her roommate absent as always, and the two laying in different positions on Caia's bed. Lana Del Ray was playing softly in the background on pandora and Caia was sitting on the edge of the bed, her feet on the frame to keep her steady while she was hunched over to paint her toenails. She'd been talking nonstop for the past two hours, and nobody could blame Blink when she checked out an hour and a half into Caia's spiel. 

"Yes, I heard you C, you're captain of the team, congratulations. Now you and Fletcher can makeout and lead the lacrosse teams off into the sunset" Blink balled her hand into a fist, bringing it up to her lips and beginning to successfully tongue it. 

"You're gross" Caia cackled, making sure to push her friend away from her and off of her bed. Anything to get her from french kissing her own fist. 

"Oh, don't act like before and after practice you two don't slip away and makeout behind the storage building on the side of the field. Tell me, has he tried to slip his hand down your shorts yet while you do?" 

"Blink!" Caia burned bright red, trying to push the dirty brunette further off of the bed then she previously did moments before. 

"Don't get all shy on me now Caia. You may act innocent and prudish, but your blistering cheeks tell it all!" She couldn't help but squeal when Caia jumped up to her feet, messily knocking over the nail polish bottle as she began to chase her friend around the cramped space. 

"Caia your toes are wet! Stop it" Blink laughed as her friend continued to waddle-run towards her. 

Nodding, Caia agreed, sitting back down on the bed and quickly picking up the polish, despite it already being spilled all over her nightstand. "God, get out" Caia grinned, pointing her pointer finger in a playful manor towards the door to her room. "This party is in twenty minutes and I don't even know what I'm wearing."

"You don't need to tell me twice" Blink moved fast to grab her bag and move towards the door. "You talked enough to last me a lifetime."

"Yeah yeah, get out!" The both of them laughed. 

x x x x x x x

As usual, Blink was moving against the current both literally and figuratively. She'd been walking in the opposite direction as everyone else in the girl's dorm who were on their way to Sarah's party for the last ten minutes. Weird, curious glances and all, Blink made her way up to the forth floor and over to the abandoned dorm wing where her dorm resided. 

Stopping suddenly when she reached the end of the hallway, her bright green eyes squinted into a glare and her footsteps became heavier as she opened the already cracked door to her room.