063

Blink awoke with a start

Shane's phone was blaring some stupid ringtone and it happened to be across the other side of the room charging.

The harsh sunlight burning her puffy eyes and seemingly adding to the headache from all her crying. She looked down, noticing she was back on the side of the bed she'd originally laid down on.

She sighed a breath of relief when she looked at the couch and Shane was laid out on his back, his arm drawn over his eyes to cut out the light, and his chest rising and falling silently.

She had made it through a night with him.

He hadn't tried to touch her or make any inappropriate jokes. Not to mention he'd even placed her back in the bed and covered her with a blanket. Even after she'd fell asleep sobbing in his lap.

Maybe he had changed.

She didn't want to think something like that was possible. Especially after what he had done. But then she thought back to what he did last night. He had bought her dinner, purchased the motel room, and held her while she practically fell apart.

"Are you gunna get that?" It was like a horrible mockery of the night before.

The phone continued ringing.

"It's not my phone," she blinked rapidly, sitting up fully in the bed and pulling the blanket with her.

"I don't want to get up" he whined.

After a thoughtful sigh, Blink stood up, just catching the call before it ended.

"Um...hello?" She wasn't sure if that was good enough or if she should say something that told the caller this was definitely Shane's phone.

"Are you seriously with him?" It was Rellik and he sounded as shocked as someone who lacked emotional cues could be. Especially at the thought that Blink still managed to be with Shane nearly twenty-four hours later.

"Do you miss me already?" She teased.

"You left me here with all of these losers" he sighed.

"You deserved it"

"Are you still on that painting thing? God, stop being such a chick. It was payback...all my fucking hair is gone"

Blink rolled her eyes this time, her weight shifting from one foot to the other. "I'm the girl in this situation when you won't stop complaining about your hair? It's nearly grown back to its original length"

Blink would never admit out loud to him that she'd helped him with his hair problem while he fought. He'd probably made more money and gained a lot more attention due to her and her pranks. And Rellik would never admit that she'd helped. Case closed.

"Get off of me!" She heard Rellik's dissatisfied grunt.

Seconds later his voice was fading into the background and the huff of her best friend was heard. "Caia?"