Chapter One

Diamond's POV

I groan in pain as I'm shoved into a locker. People around me laugh as I get kicked when I try to get up.

'I hate high school,' I think as pain spikes through my side. I groan, then whimper as my side's kicked again, knocking the air out of me. 

"Ha! Look at the itty bitty nerd on the floor. Serves you right, you freak!" Kyle, Jackson's friend, tells me.

Jackson King. The ruler of our high school. Mr. Popular, the hottest guy in school, and he's dating the hottest girl in school. Head bully, even though he doesn't get his hands dirty. He'd got people to do that for him. But, for me, the bad part is that I'm his main target. And that I have a fricking crush on him. It always gets worse. 

I sigh as they leave and my sister and her girlfriend rush over to me. Layla, my sister, supports me while Kate, Layla's girlfriend, checks me over for injuries.

"Dia, are you going to be able to model today?" Kate asks me. I shake my head as pain spikes through my sides again.

"Hurts too much," I manage to get out. I gasp as the pain spreads to my chest.

Layla and Kate help me out of the school and to Layla's car. They lay me in the backseat and get in front.

I groan in pain when Layla starts driving, almost immediately hitting a pothole. I keep my eyes open and on the window, trying to blink the stars out of my eyes.

Finally, we make it to the hospital. I groan in pain as Layla and Kate pick me up and help me inside. They sit me down in a waiting chair while they go see Jackie, the secretary.

I've been here so many times since the bullying started that I know all the hospital staff. My doctor, Dr. Queen, my nurses, Gina and Jayla, and the secretary. Yeah, I have my own nurses and doctor. I need them almost every other week because I'm always getting bullied and hurt almost every day.

Anyways, Dr. Queen helps me to Rm. 302. My room. I need one because I need to be checked out almost every few days.

Dr. Queen starts to poke and prod me until he reaches my sides and my ribs. I wince in pain when he presses on my side.

"Bruised. Again," he sighs. I nod as he continues.

I wince harder when he brushes against my ribs. He sighs again as he pushes down on them. I cry out in pain as I flinch away.

"Another set of bruised ribs," he says. I nod as I take off my shirt so he can wrap me up. Again.

He grabs the bandages and starts to wrap up my whole upper body. I wince as he wraps up my ribs a little too tightly, but it's necessary.

After a few more minutes of wrapping me up and pain, I finally can leave. I throw my shirt back on as Dr. Queen gives me some pain killers.

"Kid. You need to tell someone about this," he says. I sigh as I realize that this is the same speech he told me the last time I was here.

"I told you. I tried and no one believed me," I reply.

The teachers, staff, even the nurse don't believe me. The principal is my aunt, but she isn't at school much. She only comes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. So, she never experiences the way I'm treated because everyone sucks it up and pretends they don't do anything to me. I've tried at least 3 times, and they didn't believe me. I gave up trying and kept my mouth shut. I stopped talking to everyone at school except Layla and Kate.

"Well, you need to do something. Someone has to believe you. Or least have proof," Dr. Queen tells me.

"Teachers in the hallways never see it happen. The guys who bully me are too quick," I tell him.

"What about your aunt? The principal?" He presses on. I sigh again. 

"They all pretend to care about me and that they don't do anything to me when she comes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. They suck it up and stay like that until Tuesday and Thursday," I say. Unfortunately, today was one of those days when Aunt Regina doesn't come to work all week.

"Well, at least try to stop getting hurt so much. You're a model for God's sake! You're not supposed be on covers of magazines looking like you were just beat up by thugs!" He exclaims. I nod wordlessly as I get up and walk out of the room. I walk down the hall into the elevator, where my sister and Kate are waiting.

"How bad is it?" Layla asks me almost automatically.

"Bruised sides and ribs," I tell her. She nods as she looks at me sadly.

"Baby brother. You need to put a stop to the bullying before you have to stop modeling. There's only so much that makeup can do," she tells me. I nod as we all walk out of the elevator and outside to Layla's car.

I sit in back wordlessly and buckle my seatbelt, waiting for the ride to be over.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N: Hey! This is the rewrite of my other book. No, mean or rude comments. Also, if you have any ideas on how to make the story progress, I am open to options. Same as last time, please don't spam me saying when I'm going to update because I am updating once every week. Please read my story. It would mean a lot. Thanks!
~Author Genie.