seven

Summer

I walk into the gymnasium where the dance is being held. At first I don't see anyone I know until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see Freddy smiling like an idiot.

Man I love that smile. 

"Wow. Summer, you look-" He was cut off by a lanky arm wrapping around my shoulder.

"Beautiful. You look beautiful. I'm so happy you agreed to be my date this evening Summer. Mine and no one else's." Trevor said, looking directly at Freddy as he finished his sentence.

Freddy and I both glared. "Just because I came here with you doesn't mean I have to like it."

"Oh hey School of Rock, did you know your best friends have been stabbing you in the back for the past three months by keeping the biggest possible secret they could keep from you? What is it you may ask? Oh nothing, they're just madly in love and didn't trust you with that information. Guess you're pretty mad huh?" He said evilly. "Is that a good enough reason to have fun tonight?"

I growl in response before putting on the best fake smile I have. "Why of course it is...sweetie." The words barely pass through my clenched teeth. 

"Hey," Freddy began. "I have an idea. How about you get your disgusting arm off my girlfriend and go to the dance as friends? There is a no dating rule after all. Who do you think Mr. Finn would kick out of the band? Summer, who manages the band to a point of perfection, or his sweaty nephew who looks like a boy band member that decided to leave the group because he wanted to have a 'normal life'? Plus, if you had to leave, you wouldn't get to ruin our lives' now would you?"

Trevor just stared at Freddy in disbelief. You could see the look of relief on Freddy's face when Trevor let go of me. I'm sure the same look was on my face as well. But before the conversation could get any more awkward, the rest of the gang walked in, thankfully. I went up to Tomika first.

"So? Did you come here with Zack?"

"Nah. We realized that we confused our feelings for each other after all. We're better off as friends. Plus, if we did date, we'd have to do it secretly, and I don't think I've ever heard of an idea dumber and more idiotic than secretly dating."

My eyes widen. "Pssh yeah! So dumb and- uh- idiotic." Oh boy.

"You okay Sum?"

"What? Yeah of course! Let's go dance!"

Before she could say another word, I yanked her onto the dance floor, hoping to forget the awful conversation we just shared.

A/N:

Oh boy. Sorry for the short chapter, I got kinda lazy. Anyways, hope ya liked it! 

Love you guys!