five

Summer

"Alright class, don't forget to get your permission slips for the End of the Year Dance signed before Monday. See you back here after lunch." With that, the bell rang, and we all practically lept out of our seats to lunch.

When I got in the hallway, Tomika walked up to me with a smile on her face. "Hey Sum."

"Hey Tomiks, what's got you so happy?"

"I just so happen to have a lunch date with the most amazingly talented, not to mention handsome, guitar player in all of William B. Travis Prep School." She swooned.

"Zack finally asked you out?!?!?!?" I couldn't believe it.

"Yep.  I didn't think he ever would. You know because of the 'no dating rule' but he did! And he's taking me to the pizza place down the street with Lawrence and Esme. So you and Freddy will be on your own for lunch. Is that okay?"

"Are you kidding? Tomiks if it means you can have your first date with the guy you've been crushing on since sixth grade, I'd eat lunch alone with CLARK."

"Thanks Sum, you're the best." She then gave me a hug, and waved goodbye as she headed out the front entrance, Zack's arm around her shoulder. Guess I get to have some more alone time with Freddy today after all. Yay!

I see Freddy at our usual lunch table, and when he places his arm around me cooly, I assume that Zack told him the same as Tomika did I. I comfortably rest my head on his shoulder, until I see Trevor come into the courtyard, and quickly leap from Freddy's grip. He must've noticed him too, since he scooted a few feet away from me as well. Trevor plops himself down.

by the way this^^^ is Trevor because Trevor's a creep and so is Jacob HA

"Mind if I sit here?" He asks politely, though you could tell he wasn't moving no matter what our answer is. He stays there, and speaks up after he's had a couple bites of his sandwich. "So Summer, I know you're not thrilled about me being your assistant. But I think you'll really learn to like me." He scoots closer to me. "Who knows? By the end of the tour you could have a serious crush on me."

"Highly doubtful." I say with a smile. I can feel Freddy giving Trevor the death glare from behind me.

"I wouldn't be so sure. We're going to be together practically all the time. We might as well be connected at the hip for the summer, Summer." Our shoulders are now touching, and I want to vomit. 

"Please back away." But he doesn't, he instead gets closer, and whispers into my ear.

"Like I said, I love a challenge." All of a sudden we hear a loud thud, and I know instantly that it is Freddy, punching the table from underneath, poorly attempting to hide his jealousy. But I can't crack now. We have to keep our secret. We have to.

"So," Trevor says, allowing a little bit of space between us. "Since we are going to be spending every minute together this summer, I figured we should get used to the feeling?"

"And how do you propose we do that, perv?"

"Go to the End of the Year Dance with me." He says. I chuckle at the thought. 

"Sorry, I already have a date."

"Oh yeah, your boyfriend over there?" He points to Freddy, and our eyes grow wide with fear. "Please, next time you want to keep your relationship a secret, make sure no one else is in the room when you make out."

I look to Freddy. "This morning."

"The flowers." He responds.

Trevor butts in. "Exactly. So here's the deal Hathaway, we're gonna go to the dance together, or else."

"Or else what?" I ask, trying to be confident, but knowing that I am failing at it.

"Or else I tell your little bandmate friends that you two have been lying to them for the past three months. And sunshine lemme tell you, I don't think they'll be too happy to hear that. I mean, who would be to hear that their so called 'best friends' have been keeping such a big secret from them? I certainly wouldn't like it. Would you?"

I glare at him, and know what I have to do. "Fine." I state.

"Fine? Fine what?" Trevor asks, confused.

"Yeah fine what?" Freddy says.

"Fine I'll go to the dance with you."

"WHAT? Sum, but that was supposed to be our night, I was really looking forward to dancing with you." When Freddy gets sad, he makes this puppy dog face that I can't resist, so I know that I shouldn't look at him, but I can't help it.

"Freddy, you know I wanted to go with you too, but I don't want either of us to get kicked out of the band, and I definitely don't want our friends to hate us."

"See? You made the right choice Hathaway, now let's go." Trevor says, getting up from the table.

"Go where?"

"If we're gonna make this believable, we have to go and make sure we get our story straight. Let's go practice what we're gonna say when people ask about us."

I don't want to go with him. I can't bear to leave Freddy, but I have to. I just have to, to protect both of us. I look at him longingly. "I'm sorry Freddy, I'll see you later I promise." I kiss my real boyfriend on the cheek and leave with the creep who just came between us. Ugh.

Freddy

I can't believe Trevor just stole my girl. My sunshine. The only one for me. I know it's not for real, and I know what Summer feels for me, but still. I love her.

Crap.

I love her.

I don't just like her. I love her.

And now she's going to a dance, with someone else.

Crap.

A/N:

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I love this chapter so much because this is where the DRAMA kicks in. And yes I updated again, but I couldn't leave you guys for a whole weekend with that short of a chapter! So here ya go, and I'll see you in a couple of days.