twenty two

-Your P.O.V-

I sit down with Karma, crossing my legs, not caring about getting my clothes dirty from the ground.

Karma takes a deep sigh, I can tell this is probably going to be difficult for her to talk about. Whatever it was.

I place my hand delicately on her shoulder, signaling it was okay for my friend to take her time.

She pets my hand with hers, revealing a small grin.

"Where do I even start?" She begins. "My senior year of high school, I met this girl. She was in eleventh grade, just moved to my town. After a while, we started dating. Basically, she was everything to me.."

Her voice grows quiet.

I nod. She blinks.

"We had been dating for about a year when..." Karma clears her throat.

I tilt my head a bit, following along.

"She-uh, she was diagnosed with leukemia at eighteen. It wasn't long before she.." Karma inhales a bit, her voice starting to crack.

I frown.

"The anniversary of her death was a few days ago. That's why I was drinking so much, just to keep myself occupied or distracted. I-I don't know why I've taken her death harder this year than the previous ones. I think the reason why was because..." She looks up at me to make sure I'm still listening.

I'm listening, K.

She breathes deeply.

"To me...she kind of looked like Victoria." She confesses.

Oh, I see.

"Oh." I whisper.

"Yeah, I-I know I messed up by kissing Victoria, I was drunk and stupid and it was a totally idiotic move on my part. It's just ever since Victoria came back into your life and I met her for the first time, it call came rushing back to me. I know it sounds dumb-"

"I understand." I tell Karma.

Her head falls.

"I'm sorry. I know I need to apologize to Victoria." She mumbles.

"You're strong, K." I re-assure.

Her head starts shaking.

"She was only eighteen..." She repeats.

I grab my friend and pull her in for a hug, cradling her as she sobs onto my shoulder.

I never knew about Karma's past relationships. She never was one to open up now that I think about it. Losing someone to cancer? That's awful. Especially at such a young age.

I felt so sorry for her. Life isn't fair at all.

Sometimes, life is way too short.

-Josh's P.O.V-

"Josh, you all set for Tour De Columbus?" Tyler walks into my room unannounced, reminding me of our upcoming hometown shows.

"I think so. Why?"

Tyler shrugs. "Just wondering." He takes a bite of a strawberry as he sits down.

"Are you?" I repeat his question and sit beside him.

"Yeah. After this, it's the Grammy's then the hiatus." He says.

(A/N: this story doesn't follow time very well, events may happen at different times than they did/would in real life. sorry if you don't like it but that's the way it's gonna be haha so Tour De Columbus then Grammys. SORRY IF ITS CONFUSING LOL)