two

-Josh's P.O.V-

We arrived back in America a few hours ago. Tyler and I are now back on our way to Ohio. I've been listening to music the entire time, skipping any songs on my playlist that remind me of (Y/N).

I've skipped way too many.

I look over at Tyler who is walking with his phone perusing twitter in his left hand and holding Jenna's hand with his right.

I look down at my hands. Completely vacant of anyone else's hands.

I sigh as the notification sound on my phone rings, I pick it up and see that I have yet to turn off all of (Y/N)'s notifications.

"@(Y/T/N):

So excited you all are just as pumped as I am for the new album!!"

Wait, what? 

I totally forgot. (Y/N) was working on a new album for Broken Castle.

I remember all the times she'd come to me exhausted from song writing and how she would run her fingers through her (H/C) hair as she tried to come up with the perfect lyrics. I always re-assured her she would find every lyric and word she was looking for eventually as I grabbed her hand and pecked her knuckles.

I scroll down to the replies.

"@broken-cast1e

are any of the songs about josh? ;-)"

Oh, right. I guess the clique and Broken Castle's fans don't quite know we're not together anymore..

I frown a little as I scroll down even more.

"@heathensjosh

YAY IM SO EXCITED"

From then on the replies just tend to be about how excited everyone is. But one of them caught my attention.

"@tylerspiano

you and josh don't really talk about each other anymore...are you guys okay?"

I blink a few times.

I quickly lock my phone screen trying not to think about the tweet or her anymore.

-Your P.O.V-

I feel my heart beat start to raise as I re-read one of the replies to a tweet I sent out earlier.

"@tylerspiano

you and josh don't really talk about each other anymore...are you guys okay?"

What do I do? I don't think anyone except Josh's friends and my friends know about the break up. How do my listeners figure it out? Maybe when the album comes out they'll get the idea..

-Josh's P.O.V-

"Their album is coming out soon." I look at my best friend and his wife as we're in the back of a car.

"Oh, that's exciting!" Jenna smiles as she looks at Tyler.

Tyler grins a little and nods his head.

"We'll have to listen to it when it comes out." Tyler agrees.

"Yeah..." My head droops down as I raise my hand to my neck.

" My head droops down as I raise my hand to my neck

Tyler places his hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?" He asks concerned.

I think about his question for a few seconds.

Am I okay?

No, you're not Josh.

I mentally roll my eyes at my negative thoughts, trying to push them aside as I focus back on Tyler before responding.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

About an hour later, we arrive back in Ohio. As Tyler and I make our separate ways I find myself wandering downtown.

I see a sign promoting Broken Castle's newest album coming out in just a few days.

My heart misses a beat a little as I start to reflect on (Y/N) and everyone else.

It's a bit bittersweet, really.

A part of me is really proud of (Y/N), it makes my heart a bit warm. Then another part of me is just trying to get her off of my occupied mind.

I pull out my phone and scroll down to her familiar contact.

"Sunshine"

I open our messages and start to type.

"hey, proud of u."

I glance at it for a few seconds, the send button just waiting to be pressed.

My thumbs do a little dance as if I want to type more but can't quite find the words.

I delete the message before placing my phone back into the back pocket of my jeans.

A/N: you all know what im talking about right? the little dance your fingers do when you're thinking of what to type? lmao please tell me im not the only one who does that ANYWAY i hope you enjoyed chapter 2! thank you all for reading :-) -b