nineteen

-Your P.O.V-

Ever since the 'meeting' with my sister she's been texting me non-stop asking about advice and how to flirt. She even begged me to help set up her Tinder profile. I'm not quite sure why I'm the first person that comes to mind when she thinks of someone who is good at flirting but whatever. I guess I don't mind. It's just such a re-occurrence of the same thing.

Ring. Riiiing.

Ugh, there she is again.

I look at the contact displayed on my phone screen.

Sigh.

"Hello?" I answer, trying to sound as neutral as possible.

"(Y/N)! I'm going on a date with this guy in a little, which color dress do you think would go with my hair more? Red or turquoise?" She deciphers with a rushing sort of tone in her voice.

"Uh, red." I respond, not thinking too much about it. Also not really caring.

"That's what I was thinking. Thanks, sistah!" She gleams happily.

"Have fun!" I reply before ending the conversation.

I toss my phone on Josh's coffee table then fall back on the couch, groaning. My hands covering my face, exhausted.

"Victoria still on your back?" Josh giggles a bit as he enters the room, still drying his damp, yellow-sunshiney hair with a towel.

"Yes, I don't mind helping a little bit! It's just that Victoria's gonna have to learn how to do some things on her own." I complain.

"Sorry, sunshine. I'm sure it'll get better in time when Victoria actually finds someone." Josh re-assures as he sits next to me, getting comfy in the cushions of the love seat.

" Josh re-assures as he sits next to me, getting comfy in the cushions of the love seat

"Yeah, hopefully."

-Josh's P.O.V-

I stood in the kitchen as a playlist of some of my favorite songs played and I absent-mindedly sang along while putting dishes in the dishwasher.

"Hey there."

My girlfriend startles me out of nowhere.

"Ah!" I turn to the archway and see (Y/N) standing, arms crossed. "Geez, you scared me (Y/N)." I chuckle.

She says nothing in return, instead just walks up behind me and encases her arms around my chest. Her head pressed against the space in between my shoulder blades.

"You're cute. What's up?" I ask, still doing the dishes.

"I wanted to ask you something." She breathes.

I pause and turn around to face (Y/N), focusing all my attention on the conversation about to happen between the two of us.

My back sits on the edge of the counter and my arms cross naturally.