seven

-Your P.O.V-

I eventually step outside with Josh as the cool Columbus air immediately hits both of us in a chill breeze.

Since it was night time it was a bit colder out than it was earlier.

After an awkward walk of silence to Josh's vehicle, he unlocks the car with shaky hands and we both get inside.

As Josh and I sit down, we both inhale and exhale deeply as Josh is starting the car and turning on the heat.

Josh starts to reverse and back up out of the parking lot and I start to think to myself.

So should I ask Josh why he wanted me to go with him instead of someone else or?

Like why did he choose his ex girlfriend out of all people? Like I know we're friends now but Josh still acts a little weird around me and-

"So who is that guy that keeps staring at you?" Josh pulls me out of my thoughts as he says something rather absurd.

"Uh what? What do you mean?" I reply having no idea what Josh is even talking about.

Josh kinda chuckles a bit at his random outburst before sighing.

"Uh, nevermind. Heh. It doesn't matter now." Josh shrugs as he pulls into Taco Bell.

Um. Okay? That was odd.

Whatever, I guess it's time to get weird!

I'll ask why he wanted me to go with him.

"So why did you-"

"We're here!" Josh interrupts me before taking out his keys and quickly exiting the warm car into the cold air.

I sit there for a second before finally leaving the vehicle and following after him.

"Josh!" I signal him to turn around and wait up for me but he's walking so fast.

I guess he's just cold and wants to get into warm Taco Bell?

I try to make up excuses as to why Josh is walking so quickly away from me.

He enters Taco Bell and after about five seconds so do I.

I spot Josh already in line and walk over to him.

"Thanks for waiting up." I sarcastically say before nudging his side.

He gives me a little fake laugh as someone would after someone else told a joke that definitely wasn't funny but you wouldn't want to tell them that so you give them a pity laugh.

What is up with him tonight?

Josh orders for me, him and the rest of the gang.

The cashier tells us the order will be ready soon.

Josh and I thank him before going over and sitting down at a booth waiting for our food.

I notice Josh keeps wrestling with his own thumbs and looking out the window into the black sky outside completely covered in clouds, not one star or even the moon noticeable at the moment.

"Hey Josh?" I try to get him to look over at me.

He looks over at me.

"Uh, weird question. Why didn't you ask Tyler to go with you here instead of me? I'm just wondering." I ask the brown eyed boy.

He bites his lips before beginning a response.

"Does it matter?" He replies tilting his head.

I could tell he didn't mean it in a rude way, he was just questionable.