After All, Soulmates Always End Up Together

Start from the beginning

But then the pain of longingness and a bit of hope turns into a complete ashes when Lauren saw the news one morning when her and her teammates are having a practice— Camila Cabello dating love guru Matthew Hussey. Their pictures walking hand in hand in public, sharing intimate kisses shattered Lauren's heart like it was made of glass. She tried everything she knew to numb the indescribable pain she's dealing, but it's all useless. Seeing Camila being In love with someone else destroyed her completely that she can't function anymore. Lauren isolated herself from everyone. She locked herself inside her bunk, crying, and drinking. She doesn't sleep, she doesn't eat, causing Lauren to lose tons of weight. She's miserable.

Little by little, with the help of Lucy who decided to stay in Arizona with Lauren, the green eyed girl picked herself back up until she was able to stand on her own two feet once again. Lauren spent the whole year working out, training so hard day and night at the field to pursue her dream— to become a professional soccer player. Indeed, it came true. She's now known to be as one of the greatest players of all time.

"Great job, Jauregui!" Jared, one of Lauren's teammate lift up his hand for a high five which Lauren happily reciprocated.

"Back to you, man! You did a pretty good job!"

With 5 minutes on the shot clock, she knew Sacramento Republic FC can never win this game. Even if a miracle from god happened, it's still impossible for them to win.

***

Lauren's POV

"WELCOME BACK TO LA, LAUREN!!!!"

They all shouted in unison as soon as I swing the door open. My son who's wearing a Barça jersey run towards my direction. I kneel down with the anticipation to feel his warm embrace. Clark launch himself to me and gives me a bone crashing hug.

"Mom!!! I missed you so much!"

I giggled, "We've seen each other last week but I'll just pretend we haven't seen each other for years."

Clark buried his face on the crook of my neck, "I still missed you, mom. It's different to have you home."

"I know. I miss home too."

"Are you going to stay now?"

"Not right now, son. I still have a few games to attend."

I carry him in my arms as I get back on my feet to face my three smiling best friends. Ally who's still pretty much the same; still a teacher. Normani and Dinah who's been married for 3 years now and expecting their first child together. Yep, Normani's pregnant and she's carrying a beautiful baby girl.

The last time I saw them was 4 years ago when they walk me to the airport. The past four years of my life is pretty much intense. When I graduated from training for a year, I spent 3 years playing across the globe. I've been traveling nonstop and training every single day that I have no time to visit my friends back home. And now that the game took place in California, I took advantage of that to stop by and say hello. We have one day here before we fly to Brazil for our game against Juventus FC.

"Long time no see," I grin at them, "I made it."

Dinah walked towards my direction with a grin, "Didn't I told you that if you missed our wedding I'm gonna kill you?"