Special Chapter - Normani

3 years ago.
June 20, 2017

Summer, 2 weeks before going to senior year, I ask my vanilla piping hot latte best friend Lauren to hang out with me since my parents kept lecturing me on how should I handle my life. That I shouldn't date anyone aside from Arin. And that it's ideal for us to get married after college which honestly makes my head want to explode. I mean yes, I'm happy with Arin but then sometimes I feel like he's too overprotected that I can't breathe anymore. Luckily, the green eyed brunette said yes so I hurriedly storm off from the house and go to our usual coffee shop hang out place near Carolton.

At the coffee shop, I ordered myself a cappuccino while scrolling to my Instagram. I've been going through my feed for the past 15 minutes until my phone vibrates from my hand. It was a text from Lauren.

Lauren Jauregui Best Friend In The World:
Normaaaaani!!! Are you still at your house or you're already there at the coffee shop? If you're there already, I'm so sorry *puppy pout emoji*. Family emergency came up and I can't leave the house. But don't worry, I'll spend my night wit u. MOVIE NIGHT!!!! My treat. Okay, bye. Don't be mad, okay? Love u!
sent: 3:57 pm

I shake my head after I read her text message, "Typical Lauren." I muttered. And even though Lauren ditch me in the last minute, I'm not mad knowing she'll treat me a movie ticket tonight. I grab my bag and about to stand up from my seat when a girl with light brown hair, slim, hazel eyes, and 5'3 wearing a dark red checkered polo, a black skinny jeans and black combat boots suddenly came up to me. I don't know what's up with my eyes that I quick to noticed somebody's whole body features.

"Hi, excuse me. I know this sounds so weird but can I kiss you?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Her voice sounds firm and serious. There's no doubt or hesitation evident on her voice.

"Excuse me?" And I was taken a back by her request. The girl kept looking over the coffee shop door. I can easily tell just by the look in her face that she's in a rush of something I don't know."

And when then bell attached to the door rings, she suddenly pulled me in for a kiss. It wasn't a lock lips or anything. Our lips are just basically pressed against each other. She kissed me, calm and relax. While me, I was in pure shock. This is literally my first kiss. In a girlxgirl speaking. But in general, Arin is the only guy I kissed in my entire life and now here I am, kissing someone who's not Arin. Worse, a girl.

"What the fuck?!" A deep voice of a man suddenly echoed around, causing her to pull away from the kiss. Her right arm slowly making it's way around my waist until it was wrapped around me. The guy in front of us is glaring sharply at me. I can see the anger and betrayal in his eyes. I kept switching glances between the girl beside me and the guy in front of me.

Normani Kordei Hamilton, you're in a big, big trouble.

I try to think of a way how can I escape this troubled situation that I'm currently in, thanks to this crazy stranger. But my brain is still not working after the kiss.

"Alberto, this is..." She look at me with her eyes basically asking me What's your name again? Before looking back at the guy, "Michelle. And she's my girlfriend."

I'm her what?!

He lifted up his hand and about to land a punch on both of us but my gut feeling can sense that punch is intended for me.

"Uh-uh, don't. If I were you, I won't dare because my girlfriend is Michelle Obama's daughter. If you want to spent the night behind bars then...go ahead." She let go of my waist and step aside, making me extremely panic. First, she's crazy. She basically used me to save face from this guy and now that she succeed on whatever plan she have on her head, she thrown me out in the lion's cage just like that. Second, who would even believe that I'm Michelle Obama's daughter? My looks is so far from any of the Obama's. Third, I want to punch her straight to the face.