The Doomed Proposal

She was untouchable as the stars but that didn't stop me from wishing.
- Perry Poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 3
Lauren's POV

"Are you fucking kidding me? You're going to propose to Camila in front of these students in the cafeteria?!" Kendall gasped in surprise with her eyes widen in horror.

"Hold on, what am I missing here? Yesterday, you were so against at marrying Brie and now..what?!" -Taylor

"Are you sure you're going to do this?" -Selena

The girls bombard me with a lot of questions ever since I brought this topic up. Well, I think this is the PERFECT plan for the both of us. She needs money and I need a fake wife so it's a win-win for the both of us, right?

"I already made a decision and I'm going to marry Camila. I already got the ring, see?" I open the small box so they can see the diamond ring I bought at Tiffany & Co yesterday, "It's beautiful, right?" I asked with a smirk as the girls dropped their jaw while looking at the ring, "Jesus christ, Lauren! I never...ever imagine in my whole life that you will get married. Bitch, I'm so proud of you!" Kendall exaggeratedly gasped while wiping her invisible tears before she pulled me in for a hug.

"Kendall, it's just a fake wedding. It's not real-real, remember?"

"Wait, so you're going to propose and then get a marriage license and that's it?" Taylor asked curiously with a furrowed eyebrows.

"Sadly, yes. We all knew I don't want to get married cause that's the least thing I want to do in my life. Never in a million years I will get tied to someone. Never! But right now, that's the only choice I had left. It's better for me to get married to Camila than to Hermit." I responded as Kendall pulled away from the hug.

"Camila already rejected you when you tried to asked her on a date. How much more this proposal?" -Selena

"Remember the card Kendall gave me yesterday?" I asked as the three of them nodded, "Well, it turns out she's working there. We entered into a contract and...boom! We're girlfriends now, for a month. Then, she told me that she needs money and it sounds like Camila badly needed it so I come up with this brilliant idea."

"Brilliant idea? You called this brilliant, hmm?" -Taylor

"Ofcourse! I mean, I'll cover up her expenses and everything. In return, she's going to pretend that she's my wife. Win-win situation, right? She can continue her study here while I can still be a free soul."

"It was a brilliant idea, Jauregui. But how sure can you be that she will agree to this?" -Selena

"Flop or not, I already ship Camila and Lauren." -Kendall

"My instinct says she will. Imagine, a good looking woman like me will propose to you in front of everyone around here. I mean, how can you say no to that, right?" I shift my eyes on Kendall, "Right, Kendall?" I asked in which she immediately nodded as we do a high five.

"You're too confident, moron. I have a feeling this whole plan will go downhill and I'll bet $25,000 dollars on that." -Taylor

"Come on, Tay! Why are you so against with it? Let them be." -Kendall

"I'm not against with it, dumbass! I'm just analyzing the possibility. The REALITY." -Taylor