The Special Donor

If I had one wish, you'd stay forever
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 62
Lauren's POV

Para Mi Preciosa Hija ||
Page 1:

When life made you stood on the brick of two choices between saving your mom or dad, who would you choose? Sometimes we ended up taking a hard choice even if it makes our chest feels heavy. Tough decisions like: Living the life you've always dreamed to live but you're not happy or the things that can bring you genuine happiness but you have to give up everything? The person you love so much or your family? Daughter or husband?

I'm gonna tell you a story.

My name's Elizabeth Otto and I am the daughter of the famous surgeon Robert Otto and the successful businesswoman Melanie Otto. My parents have been married for 27 years. My mother is beautiful. And whenever I looked at her, all I see is a woman who stood no flaws and imperfections. I thought that was impossible— to live in this cruel world with no flaws or anything. At least that's what she showed me all throughout my childhood days. My parents has always been super strict. There's no room for mistakes or being imperfect or vulnerable. My mother hates that, but my father hates that the most especially his whole entire family. The Otto has always been known in the medical and science field. They have honor and very respectable in the said field. And that is why it makes the barrier of being 'perfectly raised and sophisticated woman to ever exist' becomes higher that I find it very hard to achieve. I felt ashamed for having this kind of feelings— vulnerability. And if you think I'm happy for having a parents that was multi-billionare then you're wrong.

It was hell. My life is hell with them.

Truth is, I came from a very unhappy family and it all started when I was born. They were expecting to have a son, but I came to their life instead. I was my parents' greatest disappointment in their lives. My father is always breathing down to my neck. Always yelling at me. Always hurting me, abusing me just because I was a girl. They were blaming me for being me. For being a female instead of male. For borrowing my father's last name and then borrowing my future husband's instead of carrying the last name "Otto". Years came by and I tried so hard to break the cycle of their abused to both physically, emotionally, and mentally aspect by marrying my long time boyfriend— Emman Stevens. And I was happy because I finally found a way out of their bullshit cycle.

But what I thought was wrong because the man I married was no different from my father. My in-laws are no different from my family.

I was having a hard time getting pregnant. We tried everything: Different positions, different method, different medicines. Until one morning, the doctor called me and say there's a chance for me to get pregnant but it was risky and a "one time thing" only as what my doctor describes it to me. Emman and I do it with the help of my doctor. And after weeks of observing, I was announced pregnant. We were happy, most especially my husband. All he talks about is the baby. What name should we give, the baby's future school, the baby's dream job would be, the toys and the parks. It makes me so happy, except all he says is a "he" as if "she" doesn't exist. As a mother, I know deep inside me my baby is a girl and because of that I was scared knowing he was not keen of having a baby girl. Months and months have gone by until I finally gave birth. He was shedding tears already but as soon as the nurse told him it's a girl, his face immediately changes. I was awake and I saw it clearly how the overwhelming happiness replaced with too much disappointment. When I got enough rest, Emman and I had a talk. It was intense. He made me choose between him and my child.