Author~Chan and Animals?!

Hey guys! It looks like I, the "glorious" author, am joining you in this scenario. And by that I mean I have a special little present for you guys! I hope you like it.

Cody Carson:

There was a knock at the door and I looked up from the dishes I was scrubbing, confusion clearly written on my face. I wasn't expecting anyone.

Cody came around the corner, a pile of folded towels in his hands. "Who's that?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I'll go find out." I went to the door and opened it to find my old friend.

She waved. "Hi Y/n!"

"Hey Verity! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, you see I'm leaving for Paris in a few days and I have to give my foster pup back to the agency. However, I know someone looking for a new puppy. I was hoping you would be up for the challenge." She smiled.

"OF COURSE! I love puppies!" I squealed with delight and she laughed.

"Awesome!" She then called for her puppy. "DAKOTA!"

That's when I saw the cutest little Beagle puppy come trundling up, his tail wagging. Verity picked him up and handed me Dakota. He started licking my face and I giggled.

"Well aren't you the cutest! Oh Mateo is going to love you." I coo. "Well, I'll pay you half now and the other half when I get back. How's that sound?"

She nodded as I produced a few crisp bills from my purse. "See you in a week!"

"Bye!" She called as I brought Dakota inside.

"Who was that?" Cody asked, poking his out from behind a wall. "And who's this?"

"This is Dakota and he is our responsibility now because my good friend Verity is going to Paris and knows I've always wanted a dog for my own." I was still scratching his ever-so soft ears and kissing his forehead.

"Well, he is cute. But not as cute as Mateo." Cody said with a shrug.

"Sure." I wasn't really paying attention.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SURE?!" Cody yelled, making my head snap up to look into his eyes. He was fuming and I gave him and innocent smile.

"I can't pick one! They're both SO cute!" I gushed.

He folded his arms in front of his chest. "Well too bad. Pick one." He huffed.

I hesitated and started to weigh my options carefully. After a minute or two, I made up my mind. Flashing another innocent smile, I simply said, "I'd have to go with Dakota."

His jaw hit the floor and I quickly set Dakota down so I could start running. Cody wasn't far behind yelling, "OH YOU'RE GOING TO GET IT NOW!"

 Cody wasn't far behind yelling, "OH YOU'RE GOING TO GET IT NOW!"