First Date

Cody Carson:

"I'm so happy you decided to have our first date now. I was afraid it would have to be over video chat." I smiled while trying to put on my makeup. I had decided to stay in school because, well, I was afraid. Change terrified me to no end and I didn't think I could make it in LA with their band. However, I was ecstatic for them and Cody understood my fear of change. He promised he would call everyday and try to visit whenever he could. I couldn't ask for a more supportive boyfriend.

"My first date with you is NOT going to be over video chat. I want it to be special." I sighed, as I had smudged my makeup, again.

"Hey, I gotta go. See ya at seven." He exclaimed.

"See you then." I turned off my phone and stared at myself in the mirror. "Well you got fifteen minutes to fix this and do your hair. Ready? Go."

And so I redid my makeup and put my hair in a simple bun. I inspected myself in the mirror to make sure I was ready for our private going away party. I was wearing my favorite dress with matching flats, and jewelry. I smiled, admiring how simple, yet how cute I looked.

I quickly flew down the stairs and sat at my kitchen table, waiting for my perfect boyfriend. Saying I was nervous was a gross understatement. I was tying my fingers into knots and I felt lightheaded. What if he didn't show up? What if he stands me up and leaves for LA without even saying goodbye? What if it was all a horrible and cruel joke on me?!

I broke into sheer panic and quickly grabbed my phone to call it off, when I heard the doorbell ring. I stared at the door, heart pounding with heavy breathing. It went off again, and I slowly made my way over to the door. My hand slid off the handle only once due to the sweat on my hands. When I opened the door, I tackled Cody into a huge hug and we fell, hard, onto the porch.

"Uh, hey, it's, um, nice to see you too, but I think you may have, ah, broken my spine." He hissed in pain.

"Oh! Sorry! I just was worried you wouldn't show up." I quickly got off of him and helped him up. "You look really nice, by the way." (A/N It's the "Talk Dirty" ensemble. You're welcome.)

"Thanks. You look stunning as well. Blue is definitely your color." I blushed at his compliment.

"It is my favorite color." You add and then ask, "So where are we going?"

"There's this really nice restaurant down the street I think you'll like." He suggested and I nodded. "But I could really use some Tylenol first, if you don't mind."

I nodded again and went to my medicine cabinet to get some. "Here." I handed him the pill and a glass of water. After her took it, he took my arm and we headed out.

The restaurant was amazing and I had a wonderful time. We even got to split a banana split sundae. Of course, I ate most of it. Just because I'm a girl, doesn't mean I have to act like I'm obsessing over my weight. I can eat whatever I want, when I want!

When we got back, I smiled at him and he smirked, but I could tell he was nervous. He was tense during the whole date! But I had an ace up my sleeve. I leaned in, and kissed him on the cheek, making his cheeks turn cherry red.

"I had a wonderful time. I would love to do this again sometime." I said.

"Y-yeah. I'll c-call if I'm in-n t-town." He stuttered and I giggled. I slipped inside my house and sighed. I was going to miss him with all my heart, but at least I would always have tonight in my heart.

 I was going to miss him with all my heart, but at least I would always have tonight in my heart