23

Sorry for the heartbreak in the last chapter guys💔
-------------------------------------------------------
     "Lizzie?" Paul said as soon as I walked into his room without knocking. He saw me crying and immediately rushed to me.
    "George broke up with me," I said between sobs, and Paul just held me.
"Why?" Paul asked, and I looked up at him.
"I told him the truth. I told him that we kissed," I said, and Paul cringed.
"I'm so sorry if this is my fault. I shouldn't have kissed you," Paul mumbled, and I shook my head.
    "No, it wasn't that. It's that he knows that I'm still in love with you," I said, and Paul looked at me with a sideways expression.
   "You are?" He asked, and I smiled and sniffled a bit.
   "Yes, I can't seem to let you go," I said, and Paul smiled then.
    "Then don't," Paul said, and he grinned widely. I stopped crying and rolled my eyes at him.
    "Cocky bastard," I muttered, laughing a bit.
    "I'm your cocky bastard," he said, and the tears came back. I wanted to smile, to get over this, but I couldn't.
     The next day while I was showering, I noticed my hair seemed to be coming loose in my hands. I started to wash my hair more gently, and I just kind of shrugged it off. While I was brushing my teeth, they were aching.
    I couldn't eat breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, really. I didn't see George much that day, or the next.
   About a week after we broke up, George began coming around again. He had a girlfriend now, Patty. She seemed nice, but it drove me crazy to see them together. He laughed and talked with her like nothing was wrong, and it made a lump form in my throat.
   "Liz, what's wrong?" Paul asked as I brushed my hair in the bathroom that was connected to his room. He suddenly appeared in the doorway next to me, and I continued to brush my hair.
   "What do you mean?" I asked, and I finished brushing my hair. I pulled my loose hair out of the brush and Paul looked at me with concern.
   "I mean, you've been acting strange. I just thought you'd be over it by now," Paul said, and I turned to him with a sudden anger.
   "Why did you think I'd be over it, Paul?! Did you know that I cry myself to sleep ever night thinking of him?! I'm heartbroken, Paul. You can't rush that!" I shouted, and tears came running down my face.
    He didn't say anything, and so I started to brush my teeth. I closed my eyes and winced from the blinding pain of my aching teeth.
    "Liz, what's happening to you?" Paul asked quietly, and I washed my toothbrush under the water.
    "I don't know, I'm losing hair, my teeth ache, I have headaches. It's like I'm deteriorating in front of my own eyes," I said hopelessly, and pup insisted he take me to the doctor tomorrow morning. When he didn't get answers from the first doctor, he went to many more. They all couldn't explain anything.
    "I'm sure I'm fine, Paul. Can we just go home?" I pleaded, and Paul drove me home. When I went to get out of the car, I collapsed onto the ground.
    "Are you okay?!" Paul asked, and I nodded. He rushed to my side, and helped me to the bedroom. I slept for hours. I didn't wake up until after noon the next day.
-------------------------------------------------------
Okay, I'll admit this chapter sucks because I've never written illness before? Next chapter will be better! And the book is almost over?