12

"Dad?" I asked, and he looked like he longed for me.
    "Liz, you have no idea how long I've waited for this moment," he said, and I suddenly had a flashback.
    "You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment, you little whore!" He said, and he pinned me against the bed, forcefully taking my shirt off...
     "Liz? Are you alright?" He asked as if nothing had happened, and I gritted my teeth but forced a smile. I knew what this man was capable of.
     "I'm-I'm fine. But I'm really busy right now, and I need to go," I said quickly, finding any excuse to leave. He looked like he was about to say something when I turned and ran back into the house. I began to find it hard to breathe, as suddenly I blacked out.
     "Lizzie, Liz, wake up!" I heard someone yell, and I opened my eyes to find George, ringo, and john standing over me.
     "Why am I on the floor?" I asked, and I sat up, rubbing my head. I could already feel a bump arising.
    "You fell. You just walked in the door and passed out, love," ringo answered, and it all car to me in reverse. I fell, but before that I came in the door, but before that I was running, and before that-
    "Oh my god, I just saw my father," I thought out loud, and they all just looked at me. Suddenly the door opened behind me, and Paul walked in. He took one look at the boys, and one look at me, and walked past us and down the hall. I thought maybe he was going to get the first aid kit, but then we heard his slam the door to his room. Ouch.
    "Are you really alright?" John asked, and I nodded.
   "I think so?" I said as more of a question, and the boys all exchanged concerned looks.
   "Love, you hit the ground pretty hard. Maybe we should take you to the-" Ringo began, but I cut him off.
   "Ringo, I love you, but I'm fine," I said sharply, and he looked hurt.
   "Rings, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped like that. God! I can't do anything right!" I whined, and ringo looked at me sympathetically. He turned and gave the boys a look, and they excused themselves.
   "You don't do everything wrong, alright?" He said, and I bit my cheek to keep from disagreeing with him. Even though I did disagree internally, I thought it would ruin the moment.
    "I just seem to be hurting everyone, you know? I mean, I kissed George and Paul saw, and then my dad..." I trailed off, and he nodded.
    "Well maybe just talk to Paul. I'm not sure he'll understand, but he'll most likely forgive. And maybe right now, you just need a friendship more than a relationship. Time to... sort things out, so to speak. Or maybe you do want a relationship, I don't know and I don't judge. Just do what feels right," he advises, and I internally thanked him for not bringing up my dad. He must've sensed that I didn't want to talk about it.
     I knocked on Paul's door lightly, to no answer. I was going to turn away when something stopped me. I just needed to talk with him and all would be well again. So, I shakily opened the door, to find Paul working on song lyrics.
     "Shut the door," Paul said sharply, and I began to shut it when he looked up at me.
     "You can come in, just shut the door behind you," he further explained, and I went in, quietly closing the door.
    "Paul.." I started, and he put his papers down.
   "You know you're the kind of girl that I want so much, it'll make me sorry, but I still won't regret a single day. You seem to ruin everything you touch, but it only makes me yearn for your touch stronger. Do you know?" He asked, and I shook my head.
    "I can't imagine," I responded, and he bit his cheek, surveying me with his eyes.
    "What do you need?" He asked, sounding slightly irritated.
    "A friend?" I responded, and he hesitantly smiled. He patted the bed next to me and I sat. I felt honored to even be in his presence after what I'd done.
-------------------------------------------------------this is one of the first time Ringo has ahead a big role in my story. Strange....