14

"George, you don't," I said quietly, whisking he had never said that, but he just kissed me again.
"I do," he said seductively, and I sat up, pushing him away. He looked frustrated.
    "George, you don't understand. No one has ever loved me," I said, and he exhaled, taking a long pause before speaking.
   "Stop being so scared of love. Let go, just fall," he said, and I looked at him longingly. I so badly wanted to let go, but it was so hard.
   "Fall?" I asked, and he got close to me again, so close that I could smell the mint and smoke on his breath.
    "Fall in love, Liz," he whispered slowly, and I kissed him again. It didn't matter, in that moment I truly did love him.
    "But paul," I argued, and he backed away again.
    "I guess we're breaking the rules, aren't we?" He asked, and I bit my lip and nodded, "well there have to be exceptions, and this must be one of them," he said, and I gave in. I was tired of being hesitant, of waiting. I wanted to dive in, and so I did.
    "George?" I said, and he raised his eyebrows at me, "make love to me," I said, biting my lip. He looked at me with a dirty look on his face.
    "Are you sure?" He asked, and I nodded. I threw my shirt off, and he did the same. I striped completely, and he followed my example.
    "Wow," he said, and I laughed. I asked him what was so funny, and he just looked at me lustfully, "I've just ever seen this side of you before," he said, and I smirked slyly.
    "Well, Mr. Harrison, I guess I finally let go," I responded cunningly, and he smiled.
    "I like this side of you, this wild, foxy side," he said, and I made my way towards him. Something about him made me feel safe. All through the night, he loved me tenderly, passionately, wildly. He was so loving and careful with me, and I actually enjoyed it immensely. Afterwards he held me.
    "That felt so... dangerous," I said slowly, and he chuckled.
    "I guess it did. It was beautiful," he said, and I thought about this, and I had to agree.
    "Yes, it truly was. It felt like we were making art, but without a canvas," I noted, and he held me closer, our naked, sweaty bodies entertained in the covers.
   "I meant what I said, I do love you," he said, and I turned towards him, smiling.
    "I think I could learn to love you, and to let you love me," I replied, and he smiled.
   "Well that's a start," he said surely, and I knew something in that moment. I was in love. I was in love with his grin, and his voice, and even his scent.
I was in love with Paul.
-------------------------------------------------------
All of my chapters recently have been short! Sorry! But I bet you weren't expecting that😉 or maybe you were....