Fight for it. Fight for me.

Your P.O.V.

"Your boyfriend has been hit by a bus. He's at St. Mary's Hospital now, in stable condition." The doctor on the other end of the phone says.

"Okay. Thank you. I'll be right there." You say. You're panicking inside but then try to stay positive. The doctor said he was stable. That's a good thing. Right?

Oh. My. God. Joe was out last night with Oli, Jack, Caspar and Josh. How was it only him that got hit by a bus? And a bus of all things! You think to yourself Then again... it isn't hard to think of ways that he could have been hit by a bus.

You sigh and can't believe you're thinking that.

You rush as fast as you can to the hospital.

"Hi. I'm Y/N. I'm here to see Joe Sugg." You tell the receptionist. She points down the hall towards Joe's room.

You grab your bags and walk down towards Joe's room. The door is open a crack.

You slowly push it open and peek your head around the door. Joe is laying there, hooked up to machinery. It's more serious than you thought.

You walk over and sit down in the chair next to his bed.

His eyes were all black and swollen. You didn't think he was awake. He laid in his bed and didn't move. His head was wrapped in bandages
There was a piece of his brown hair poking out of the bandage. It was wet and hanging in his face. He hadn't gotten a haircut in a while it seemed.

You moved it out of his face and leaned back in the chair. Then Oli, Josh and Jack came into the room.
"Y/N!" They say surprised.
"Oh. Hey guys." You say, getting up and giving them each a hug. "So. What happened?"
"We were out last night, on our way back actually." Oli said "And Joe was a little... drunk... so he was coming back to my place... you know, so you wouldn't have to deal with him. And then he ran across the road and then BAM. A bus hit him. We were all pretty drunk but we knew what happened. So did the uber driver. He called 911 and we came here with Joe."
"Oh." You say.
"I mean he's in stable condition now. At least that's what the doctor told us." Jack said.
"Did you hear anything?" Josh asked.
"No I just got the phone call this morning." You say.
"Oh. I'm sorry Y/N. I thought you would have heard earlier."
"No. Honestly I think it's a good thing I didn't hear until this morning. Or else I wouldn't have slept at all last night."
Then the doctor came in.
"Hi. You must be Joe's girlfriend. I'm doctor Peter." He said, shaking my hand and then nodding at Jack, Josh and Oli.
"So. Update. Actually, Y/N what do you know?" The doctor asked.
"Well. I know he got hit by a bus and now has two black eyes and his head wrapped."
"Ah. Okay." Doctor Peter started "So we did tests. He has 2 broken ribs and a broken arm. He may have some trauma to the brain but it's too hard to tell. We went ahead gave him meds. He's been in a coma ever since though. We just need to let his ribs heal. We put his arm in a cast too. Luckily no spinal cord injuries. I know this is a lot but he is stable for now. When he wakes up we'll need to see how he is mentally."
"Aside from a hangover." Jack piped in.
"He'll be hangover free when he wakes up. I can assure you of that." The doctor says, then he leaves.

~~~ two weeks later ~~~
So. Joe's still in his coma. I've been at the hospital every day. Zoe, Alfie and Joe's parents have come to visit. They're staying at our place now and have been for a week.

"Joe hasn't come out of his coma. He's stable but nothing's changed." The doctor reported.
The swelling of his eyes had gone down and his ribs were starting to heal as well. Still no sign about the trauma to his brain, if there is any.

"Are we still going to wait?" Joe's mom asks.
"Yes. We will wait for another week. Keep him on life support. After that we will have to see." The doctor says and then leaves.
The Suggs head home leaving me in the hospital room with Joe.
I go over and sit in the chair beside his bed and hold his good hand.
"Joe. I don't know if what they say is true that you can hear me. But I hope you can. And if you can hear, then you heard what doctor Peter said. You have a week. That's plenty of time. I believe in you. We all do. Everyone knows what's happened to you. They don't know the details but they know you aren't well. Just know. I believe in you. I love you Joe."
You squeeze his hand and hold it for a long time. Letting one tear fall down your face. Then another. You didn't realize how much this was affecting you.

You continued to come back to the hospital every day, holding Joe's hand. Others had stopped coming regularly.

Two days until they took him off of life support.
"Okay. Let's try this again Joe. You have two days. Fight Joe. Fight. It'll be okay no matter what; as long as you're alive. I love you Joe and I can't lose you." You sit there, holding his hand and looking on your phone when suddenly you felt pressure from the hand you were holding. You look over, wondering if you were hallucinating.
"Joe?" No response "Come on! Fight for it! Fight for me!"
And then again. Another squeeze.
You smile and lean forward to kiss Joe's forehead. Then the machines started beeping. Nurses and doctors ran in wondering what had happened.
"I think I felt his hand move." You tell them.
They go over to the machines and smile. "He's recovering, that's for sure." The nurse said " if he keeps this up he'll be better in no time."
After the doctors are done examinations Joe they leave.
You hold Joe's hand again.
"Thank you." You whisper to him, kissing his forehead. You stayed the night in the hospital room.

~ the next day~
"Last day of life support buddy." You tell him. "I know you can hear me. Fight for it! Fight for me! Open your eyes. I haven't seen them in three weeks. I need to see your weird blue/ green eyes."

Joe's chest rose and fell... again and again and again.
Then suddenly a huge breath and his eyes opened. You let go of his hand and stepped back.
Joe stayed lying down but blinked, multiple times.
You walk up to him.
"Joe?" You question. Something in his eyes glistened. He said nothing. He didn't move. Then doctors ran in.
"He's awake?" One says.
"how long ago did this happen" another asks.
"Literally two seconds ago." You say.
They did his vitals and everything which took about half an hour. Then when they all left it was just Joe and you again.
"Hey buddy." You say smiling, holding his hand. He said nothing but his eyes said everything.
"Welcome back. I mean. You never left. But still. Welcome back."

Then the doctor came.
"Y/N. We have called everyone. Just so you know. He does have a little bit of memory loss. How much, I don't know. He hasn't talked in 3 weeks either so that's also a factor."
The doctor kept talking about the risks and possibilities; all pretty much negative. When he left it was after visiting hours. Joe still laid there, looking at the ceiling, probably hoping to hear your voice or see you.
You walk over and look at him. His eyes go from dull to bright. You lean down and kiss his forehead. Then his lips. Again and again and again.
"How do we do this?" You sigh and laugh.
You gently move him over in the bed and climb in, wrapping his good arm around you.
Although he couldn't move you could tell he was happy to be with you. Lying in the bed, you reach up and kiss him on the cheek before getting cozy... as cozy as you could be anyways.

And with that you both stayed in his small hospital bed for the night; knowing things would be okay.