"I'm fine Bobby. I just got a little beat up is all." I grabbed the scissors, sat down, and carefully began cutting the leg of my jeans all the way up to the long deep gash running down my thigh. I peeled the bloodied cloth away, fighting off a hiss. In truth the wound hurt much worse than I would ever admit. Blood ran down my leg as the newly formed scab peeled off with the cloth.

     Bobby took a bottle of whiskey down from the cabinet and took a swig before handing it to me. I gingerly poured it over the cut with a grimace. Then I took the needle and dental floss Bobby handed me, and began sewing it up. Halfway through I had sweat dripping off of me and I noticed Bobby was watching me with concern. He stopped me, taking the needle from my shaking hands, and finishing the stitches himself. He poured some more whiskey over it when he was finished and then washed his hands before grabbing a clean roll of bandages and wrapping it.

    "Thanks." I mumbled, standing.

     "Don't thank me, you idgit. And the only other job you're getting is straightening the bookshelves."

    "Bobby." I whined, though truthfully this was my favorite chore, and Bobby knew it.

     "Don't 'Bobby' me." He waved his hand and went back to work cleaning his guns. "Now get."

     I limped into the living room, and plopped down in a chair by the bookshelf. I grabbed the first book off the floor, read the cover and then crammed it at the end of the shelf.

    The second book I picked up read "The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe" I flipped through it. I found one of my favorite poems and began reading the first verse aloud:

"The skies they were ashen and sober;

The leaves they were crisped and sere-

The leaves they were withering and sere;

It was night in the lonesome October

Of my most immemorial year;

It was hard by the dim lake of Auber,

In the misty mid region of Weir-

It was down by the dank tarn of Auber,

In the ghoul-haunted woodland of Weir."

    "I questioned that man's admittance into Heaven."

    I snapped around. "Cass!" I exclaimed. I glanced into the kitchen, but Bobby obviously hadn't heard my exclamation. I looked back to Cass. He was in his young form again, which for some reason slightly annoyed me. "What are you doing here? Where have you been? "

    "I'm here to train you."

    I stared at him. "Train me? Train me for what? I'm already like your vessel or whatever."

    "True. Which is why I am still using you. Just not actively."

    I blinked. "Wait. Hold up. You're still technically in my head!"

    "Yes, more or less. I have been since you and your brothers went after Lilith."       

    I was torn between feeling repulsed, angry, and relived. It was probably because of Cass that I had lived that day. That presence I'd felt must have been his'.

   Cass knocked me out of my thoughts by asking suddenly, "She wiped your memory didn't she?"

    I furrowed my brow. "What? Who? Lilith?"

    Cass shook his head. "Naomi."

    "Who?"

    He touched two fingers to my forehead before I could protest.