A girl he had met over spring break actually happened to live the next city over which wasn't very far at all. He said that they hadn't actually done anything and that basically every night the would sit and talk on the beach while everyone else around them was partying. It seemed a bit cliche to me, but it was cute and seeing him talk about her was even cuter.

"I think that you should-"

"Emerson!" Someone shouted, causing me to look around rather frantically until I saw Luke himself leaning on the wall in front of me.

I looked between the two boys next to me and walked towards Luke.

"Uh, hey." I said, turning to Calum and Ashton who were now behind me. "You guys can go, I'll catch up." I insisted. They nodded at me and headed back to class.

I turned back to Luke, looking him up and down once as I took in a short breath. His arms were crossed loosely on his chest and had a pair of black ray-bans dangling from his finger tips.

"You're not catching up with them." He chuckled as he stood up right. I furrowed my eyebrows at him as a smirk grew on his lips.

"What?"

"You're coming with me." He stated as if it was common knowledge.

"And where exactly am I going?" I asked. He started walking backwards to the exit, people glancing over at us as they tried to pile in the cafeteria.

"Well, I have a car and we're in a big city so why don't we take a drive?" He suggested even though I'm sure he planned this all along.

"Luke, I barely know you." I replied, forcing out a laugh through my words.

"You spelt a whole day in ISS with me, I think that's good enough." He slid on his sunglasses, hiding his bright eyes.

"You don't even know my first name." I said.

"What's your first name?" He asked, recrossing his arms over his chest and looked me up and down as I had done just minutes before.

"Andy." I told him without hesitation.

"Okay, Andy," My name rolled off his tongue with ease. His smile grew bigger as he opened the exit door.

"Now I know your first name. Come on before we get caught." He opened the exit door and held it open as he waited for me to come. I looked behind me then back to Luke, hurrying out the door with him.

He fidgeted around in his pocket as he closed the door.

"Do you smoke?" He suddenly asked as we stepped off the curb.

"Why?" I tried to hide my glare from his lack of remembrance from our conversation in ISS, but it didn't really matter . He rolled his eyes, flicking open the top of the package of cigarettes he pulled from his pocket.

"Do you smoke?" He asked me again, stopping in the middle of the parking lot.

I narrowed my eyes at him then at the single cigarette sticking out of the full package. I grabbed it and took it between my lips, rummaging around in my bag for a lighter in which I was out of luck.

"Do you have a lighter?" I questioned as we approached his car.

"That's what Michael's for." He muttered. I was about to ask what he was talking about when Michael had popped out from the other side of Luke's car with a lighter in hand.

"Andy Emerson." Michael smoothly said, walking towards me and giving me the red plastic lighter.

"That's me." I answered, lighting my end and passing it over to Luke who gave me a similar odd look before heading back to the driver's side.

"It's nice to actually meet you. I've heard a lot." He nodded at me as I grew more curious as to how he claimed he knew me.

"Hopefully nothing too bad." I laughed, trying to kick my intimidation aside.

"Nothing that I don't like." He said over the sound of Luke's engine starting. I let out a short laugh as we opened our doors to sit inside, both of them being polite enough to let me sit up front.

"So exactly where are we going?" I asked Luke, glancing over to Michael to see if he had an answer.

"I told you Andy," He blew smoke out his window as he backed out of his spot. "We have a car and a big city so I have no idea." He chuckled, taking another drag of his cigarette.

I gave him a thin smile as I tapped my ashes off out the window, leaning back into my chair and I watched as our school's sign pass my window and drove further downtown.

-

A/N:

HEY HERE'S AN UPDATE

i'm trying not to rush things between them so a few more short chapters then yes

i hope you like dis