Surprises... The Good And The Bad

This chapter is coming after Frustrations and Aggressions. Don't read it unless you've read that one first. Love y'all 😘😘

Bet you thought smut was never coming 😂 😂

Since this chapter was too long {30 docx pages } and couldn't fit, the first half of it is in the original book.

All her senses finally coordinated, making her feel everything with twice the usual pleasure. A soft breeze brushed over her sensitive skin, caressing it with the care of a lover until it was slightly flushed.

Among the supreme pleasures of the moment her mind was now telling her was unreal, were the various scents cast off by the fragrant flowers surrounding her. Their sweet scents teased her nostrils; but amongst them was one stronger than the rest. It was the black rose, the same as Dracula had given her the other time. Its unique smell which managed to be fresh without being overpowering, hit her with a wave of nostalgia so strong that her heart ached.

Just like that the dream lost its charm; everything before her wilting with the unpleasant call from reality. The sweet songs of the nocturnal birds became meaningless and she wanted nothing except to get out of the alternate reality. As she was struggling to wake herself up though, there was a sudden shift in the air.

A darker, more potent power had joined her. Unlike the birds around her, Erinna didn't run scurrying for the hills but remained there, waiting in barely contained anticipation because this was the presence she'd been longing for. It was the absence from this very power that had been slowly sucking the juice from her bones and the energy from her muscles.

In a total reverse of events, Erinna felt herself awaken from the lethargic state her body had slipped into. Her body vibrated with joy and she knew she'd never feel more alive. Unable to suppress her grin, she turned around and flung herself into his arms.

After having dreamed and hallucinated oft times about Vlad ever since she'd been kidnapped, it was hardly surprising to find herself in another dream with him. What was surprising though was how real it felt. Instinctively she knew this was no ordinary dream.

During her dreams, everything had felt almost like a memory but right there everything was real. She lifted her hand to confirm her theory and sure enough, the scratches she had made on herself were there. She was exactly the way she had slept, even the wretched nightgown the wolves had provided, they simply had no taste.

"Are you alright? Who the hell put those scratched soon you?" Vlad growled when they'd separated.

"I'm fine Vlad, no one hurt me. I was just not myself earlier."

"You're feeling itchy too?"

"Too? This is happening to you also?"

"Yes. I think it's because of the bond. I'm going crazy without you here; but we don't have much time, I'm not strong enough. I just needed to know you're fine. Have they done anything to you?" he asked.

His body was tense and Erinna knew he was barely restraining himself. She knew every vengefully vindictive instinct in him was begging for bloodshed and longing for violence but as always, her life meant more to him than any ingrained need for revenge. She was certain that was the only thing making him cautious about this and for that she was happy. She needed to warn him about the trap.

"I'm fine Vlad, they haven't done anything to me and they won't. My father...he made a deal with them," she told him and nervously waited for the explosion.

"Don't talk about your father or I might just go and finish him off right now," he told her; the low deep timbre of his voice causing little fireworks to erupt in her heart, soul, body... everywhere. It was like winter and darkness intertwined together, affecting her in a way only Vlad could.