72: Ghost of You

A/N: I'm back! Happy to be writing again but experiencing some writers block. Please send me any and all requests!

Sherlock: That fateful day when the detective was sent on a foreign mission rang clear in your mind every day of your life since then. Little reminders of Sherlock were dotted around the flat, replaying old memories in your mind: photographs, anatomy books, old newspapers, boxes of violin rosin, etc. His ghost existed everywhere and it pained you to think of him.

You were lost in thought when a noise at the door distracted you. No one ever came into the flat anymore, everyone knew he'd gone away and his friends were busy with their own lives to visit so often. Cautiously approaching the door, you snatched up the nearest object to protect yourself with- an elegantly decorated sword given to Sherlock by a grateful client.

"Hello? I know you're home, there are 17 clues that you are." A painfully familiar voice greeted you from down the stairs.

"Sherlock?! Oh my God, is that you?!" You replied in greeting, running towards him at full speed.

You didn't even bother to look at his face, having it memorized from looking at photographs in the flat, and ran into his arms. His dark coat pressed against your cheek, giving off the scent of fresh rain and old books.

John: Dr. Watson loved the rush of war and dangerous situations, so it wasn't too surprising that he returned to the battle front as a doctor again. He'd been gone for 4 months and it was tough at first to figure out what to do with work, as Rosie was still so young. You were supportive of his endeavour but wished that he would be back every day after he left.

You got home from work and picked Rosie up from 221B where Mrs. Hudson had been watching over her. She was sitting on the floor with pillows and playing with a toy car. You turned on the news as you started to get dinner ready for the two of you.
"Breaking News- a massive attack on our troops just occurred and left no survivors. Among these were several young people and even some of their medical staff." The announcer stated, catching your attention.

"Wait, where is this?" You asked no one in particular.

"-these troops were stationed in eastern Afghanistan." The announcer continued.

"F-" You stopped yourself in front of Rosie, "No!! John was in that region when we last talked!! He can't be gone!" You shouted with tears welling up in your eyes.

Moriarty: "Hey Y/N, I've got some news for you." Seb said, walking into the living room where you were lounging.

"Any news on the mission?" You asked.

Jim had business to do in Laos, Nigeria, Venezuela, and Belarus. He predicted it would require a little over a year to get what he wanted done. It had only been 7 months so far and Seb was the only one able to give you any updates. It was so lonely to spend the days without Jim's entertaining presence every day. He would try to talk to you as much as possible and send you gifts through his vast field of agents.

"Yeah. Give me a second to get you something you might need right after this news." He warned, stepping out of the room briefly.

"Okay, so Moriarty was stopped in Paris for a connecting flight and got taken prisoner by the authorities. They are obviously not going to give him a light penalty. We're working on getting him out but he wanted us to tell you first." He informed you.

"He's not gone! He must be doing this on purpose." You shouted defensively.

"Um. I just got word that...they gave Moriarty the death penalty. It'll be carried out in 2 days. You'll have to take over his network."