44: Exotic Pet

A/N: To clarify, exotic or not - as - common pets included. Fun fact, they're all legal to own depending on where you live

Sherlock: Owl
He had somehow received a permit for owning an owl, thanks to his brother's position, and decided to buy one. Even though the owl was active during the night, it's behavior was quite good and it was an intelligent bird to have around. Sherlock would even talk to it whilst busy solving a case. It was perfect since the bird didn't care to be cuddled very often since the detective was always so occupied with various tasks.

John: Hedgehog
Your shared pet was the sweetest and most adorable thing. It had a tendency to curl up as a game, rather than a defense mechanism, and explore your home. As an occasionally nocturnal creature, it was interesting to find where it would end up. Yours and John's favorite thing about the hedgehog was its noises: purring, whistling, sniffing, screaming (when in pain), and snorting.

Moriarty: Silver fox
As an expensive pet, your silver fox was beautiful and affectionate to both of you. Like a young puppy, the kit would be more active and sometimes a bit aggressive. However, it was trained to use a litter box like a cat. An additional difference your fox had to dogs was that it was lighter due to their lighter bone structure that made it more nimble. It was fun to chase it around the house with Jim, if both of them felt playful.

Lestrade: Chameleon
Your pet was quite easy to maintain and it only required the difficulty of keeping its environment warm. The eyes of your chameleon were always amusing to watch- constantly twitching in various places. Not having to worry about it wandering around your home, the chameleon was kept in a roomy terrarium. Greg liked to see if he could make it change colors.

Mycroft: Serval
Also called a Bengal cat, your serval acted just as a regular domestic feline would. Its coat was patterned curiously, looking similar to a tiger or sometimes even a leopard coat in certain spots. The only difficult thing was that the serval had to be well-socialized from a young age and Mycroft was not one to take it out to meet children, other people, or other animals.

Molly: Chinchilla
Although it was the lesser wild of the animals, your chinchilla still needed to be trained to be more of a house pet. It looked like a cross between a hamster and mouse, but slightly larger than either of those. Yours in particular was super agile and loved climbing all over its cage bars, or occasionally the furniture when it was let out. Molly loved petting its soft fur coat if it ever felt cuddly enough to give in to her stroking.

Irene: Hyacinth Macaw
Very colorful and noisy, the large bird enjoyed flying around the big house in Belgravia. Irene would play around with it and pat its soft, vibrant feathers. The macaw flew around to wherever you both were, unless of course it was playing hard to get when it picked up one of your belongings. It was also quite bad when the bird would repeat some of the things you or Irene would say.