twenty

calm before the storm that's probably not gonna be much of a storm pt.2

early update cause i don't have time to update tomorrow :<

+

December 29, 2016, 8 a.m.

Yoongi and I wake up at the crack of dawn the next morning so we can arrive at the amusement park before it gets too crowded. While Taehyung is still snoring away in his bedroom, we quickly wash up before changing into comfy winter clothes.

The sun has already risen by the time Yoongi and I leave the house, and when we reach the amusement park, it's already eight in the morning.

Yoongi pays the taxi driver his fare, before leading me through the gates of the park. Thankfully, the park is pretty empty besides a few tourists and families, just like what we planned.

"Let's go on that one!" Yoongi exclaims the moment we leave the ticketing booth, pointing at one of the many roller coasters that are propped high up in the sky.

Though the ride is innocently rainbow-colored, the tracks go round and round and round, and the cars seem to be travelling at an incredibly high speed.

I almost faint.

My boyfriend starts dragging me towards the ride by the hand, but I hold him back, pleadingly shaking my head.

"I don't wanna go on that one," I try to sound as nonchalant as possible.

"Why not?"

"Because it seems really boring," I lie to hide my fear.

Yoongi snorts. "You're scared."

"Am not!" I deny, face flushing.

"Wimp," he teases with a smug smile, and I punch him mercilessly in the shoulder.

He chuckles, before continuing to pull me towards the ride.

I groan, my mouth shaping into a pout.

"It's okay, I'll hold your hand," he winks, tightening his grip around my fingers.

However, just as Yoongi joins the queue, the guard holds us back, preventing us from boarding the ride. I almost kiss the middle-aged man.

"I'm sorry, Miss," he turns to meet my gaze. "I'm afraid you're too short for this ride."

"WHAT?!" I blurt out in shock, and Yoongi bursts into laughter.

"Oh god," he gasps between laughs, and I punch him in the stomach for the second time that day.

"You're not much taller than me either!" I argue, though he really is one whole head higher up.

"Explains why you're so down-to-earth," he makes a pun, before proceeding to laugh even harder.

I glare at him, stomping on his foot. He groans, abruptly stopping his laughter and releasing my hand to sooth his aching foot.

"That hurt!" he complains with a pout. "I don't see how anyone could stoop so low," he cracks another joke, before breaking into guffaws, pain long forgotten.

"ENOUGH WITH YOUR PUNS," I yell, mentally smacking my head. I thought Taehyung's puns were bad enough but apparently his are worse.

"Alright, alright," Yoongi says, laughter faded though a hint of a smile still remains on his face. He takes my hand back into his, before proceeding to lead me down the cement walkway in search of other rides. "What do you wanna ride?" he lets me choose this time.