twelve

i strongly recommend that you reread the last chapter before starting on this one, because it's been so long since i last updated HAHA

+

December 22, 2016, 8 a.m.

It was unbearable. Every single moment of it.

With Taehyung snoring away on my shoulder and Yoongi dozing on my lap, it's unbelievable how I managed to catch eight hours of sleep with numb thighs and eardrums that are about to burst. 

I awkwardly place a hand on Yoongi's chest to prevent him from falling off the plastic chair, my other hand subconsciously playing with his green hair. My eyes rest on his refined features, and I find my gaze lingering there for a while. 

Why did I ever find him ugly? 

"Are you done staring yet?" Yoongi suddenly asks, his eyes still closed as his deep voice reverberates throughout the hospital corridor. 

I jump in my chair, immediately pulling my hands away from his body. "I wasn't staring!" I defend myself, although I very much was. 

"Yeah you weren't," Yoongi comments, his eyes slowly fluttering open as he climbs up from my lap into a sitting position. "You were ogling at my beautiful face and groping my muscular chest." 

"I wasn't groping, I was saving you from falling off the chair!" I say the half-truth. 

I was very much groping him, in fact. 

His chest feels really good. 

"Y'all are noisy," Taehyung mumbles in his sleep, hooking his arm through mine as he snuggles closer into the crook of my shoulder. "You smell nice," he tells me, wedging his nose further into my brown locks. 

Yoongi reaches over to push Taehyung's head away from my shoulder, unhooking Taehyung's arm from mine as he squeezes himself in between the both of us. 

"You can sleep on me instead," Yoongi smiles as he pushes Taehyung's head onto his own shoulder. 

Taehyung scrunches his nose upwards in distaste, shaking his head 'no' as he moves away from Yoongi. "You smell like my grandma's socks." 

Yoongi shrugs. "I tried to be nice." 

Just then, the nurse emerges from my father's ward, and I hurriedly jump out of my chair upon her arrival. 

"Is my father gonna be alright?" I ask her, worry evident in my tone. 

She nods firmly with a small smile, referring to the clipboard in her hands as she tells me of my father's condition. "The patient's condition has already stabilized, and the bleeding has already stopped. It wasn't a very deep wound, so he should be able to discharge today." 

I sigh in relief at her words, before bowing politely at her. "Thank you!" 

She beams, before sauntering down the corridor. 

"I'll go take care of the paperwork and get Mr. Park a fresh set of clothes to change into," Yoongi resumes his bodyguard mode, heading after the nurse. 

I rush into the room, relieved at the sight of my father sitting in bed.

"Dad!" I almost cry out in joy, running towards him and embracing him with both arms. I feel him smile against my chest as he reaches out to hug me back. "I was so worried!" I exclaim, pouting as I pull away from his arms. "You scared me!" 

"I'm fine," he reassures me, patting my arm. His gaze travels from me to the spot behind me, and I turn to match his line of sight. "Who's that?" Dad asks, referring to Taehyung, who's standing coolly outside the hospital ward.