Chapter 10

When we get to Luis's there is a lot of people but to my relief, it's not as crowded as it usually is on Saturdays

When we get to Luis's there is a lot of people but to my relief, it's not as crowded as it usually is on Saturdays. We enter and Wade goes straight for the bar.

"What's your poison sweetheart?" he asks Lana.

She glances at me like I knew the answer then back at Wade. "I'll have a beer I guess."

He smiles at her. That real smile. "You guess right princess." I roll my eyes as he orders three beers and two whiskeys.

We found three free seats near the pool tables and wait to see if one of them gets vacated anytime soon. I look at the tables while Wade downs his whiskey in one gulp and turns to Lana.

"So, you any good at pool?" But before she has a chance to answer his question seemingly out of nowhere Clyde materialized beside her.

"Oh my, how did you persuade this poor soul to give you the time of day, you old bastard?" His gaze slides to Lana. "Hello, pretty girl. I'm Clyde, the better choice. What's your name beautiful?" He takes her hand in his as if to give it a kiss and this time I won't wait for the hell to break loose so I rip his hand off her and glare at him.

"You don't touch her, Clyde! Leave her alone!" Clyde lifts his hands up in a 'don't shoot' gesture and I hear Wade chuckling behind me. A pool table is free and Wade goes for the sticks.

"Hey, Clyde," he calls on his way, "wanna play too?"

"Sure, why not!" Clyde calls back and I see Lana make a face. Guess she's not happy about it. Clyde then turns back to us, well to me.

"Sorry about that. That's your girl?" He says while still openly checking Lana out. I want to say yes just to keep him off her. But Lana ruined it before I could.

"No, we only live together." Which apparently erased the part where I told him to leave her alone, because he turns to her instantly, leaning into her personal space.

"Really, anyone else in the picture?"

Lana gives me a nervous glance but answers him anyway. "No, but-" She obviously wasn't done talking but Clyde interrupted her.

"Well, that's a shame, such a beautiful girl and no one to woo her, let me help you with that." He leans even more into her and she tries to shove him away, tries being the key word because he doesn't budge. So I step in again, grab him by his shoulder and show him away.

"What the hell, Clyde? I told you to leave her alone, she's here with me, end of the story!"

"Okay, okay." He puts his hand up again. "I can tell when I'm not wanted." I snort, what bullshit. Wade comes back at that point and points a finger at Clyde.

"Careful! He's really touchy about her! And I won't help you if you piss him off." He says with a deep chuckle. Clyde joins him, then look back to Lana again.