Chapter 11

In two long strides, Antonio was standing within arm's reach in front of me. My eyes automatically drifted up to his sensual lips, remembering the exquisite sensation of how they'd felt against mine. But then just as quickly, I let my walls up, refusing to crumble beneath him.

After all, he'd regretted that kiss.

From this moment on, I wasn't going to let him affect me anymore, especially now when I had a talk to give.

"The two of you know each other?", I heard Michael ask.

"Yes, we met a few times in the past. Mutual friends," Antonio responded, his expression neutral.

Mutual friends, my ass, I wanted to say to him.

"That's nice. I'll go adjust the lights real quick," he said, gesturing towards the back corner of the lecture hall.

"Yes, you go do that, Michael."

As soon as Michael left, Antonio's intense eyes were back on mine.

"When Abbott said they were sending a chemical engineer, not once did it cross my mind that it would be you."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"I'm impressed," he said smugly, his gaze raking me from head to toe.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"So, any specific things you want me to cover during my presentation, Professor?"

His brown eyes twinkled with amusement.

"Nope. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what you talked about. As long as it's engaging and somewhat relates to my class. Any other questions?" He absently drummed his long fingers on the table, the other hand buried in the pocket of his navy trousers.

"Yes, one more, actually."

"I'm listening."

"Why the fuck did you make me think you were a professional stripper?"

He cocked his head, his eyes gleaming with interest.

"Answer me, dammit," I practically growled. He glanced down at his watch.

"I believe it's nine-thirty now. Time to give my nice little introduction for you."

And with that, Antonio stepped forward to face his entire class. Immediately, all the conversations died down until it was so quite, the sound of a pin dropping could be heard.

"How's everyone doing this morning?", he asked with a broad smile, adjusting the tiny microphone attached to the collar of his gray blazer.

It was the first time I'd ever seen a full smile on his face.

The sophomores all began chanting his last name, and I fought the smile forming on my lips.

"Well, I'm excited to start the day off with you guys, too. As I mentioned on Monday after lecture, we have a guest speaker here today to talk about her work as a chemical engineer. You'll be amazed to see how much thermodynamics plays a role in the industry. So, let's all give a warm welcome to Ms. Sophia Weston."

The lecture hall erupted into applause as Antonio handed me his microphone.

"The stage is all yours, Sophia."

I gave him a brief smile, attaching the microphone to my blazer, then turned to face the students.

"Hello, everyone. I bet there's nothing else you'd rather do than hear a twenty-four year old blabbing on about her job at nine-thirty in the morning, am I correct?"