He obviously still opened the door, and saw Niall was holding a pizza box.

"Hi, Lou" Niall greeted him.

"Hey, what are you doing here, Nialler?" Louis asked confused.

"I thought we could have dinner together so I brought a pizza" Niall smiled.

"You didn't tell me you were coming by" Louis pointed out.

"I would have if you had bothered picking up the phone" Niall answered, and made his way past Louis into the flat.

Louis closed the door, and followed Niall, who had left the pizza box on the kitchen counter, and had gone over to Sage.

"Hi, Sage" Niall smiled, and picked her up "Oh my god, you're so big now".

"She's still tinier than average" Louis pointed out what her pediatrician said last time he saw her.

"Yeah?" Niall asked.

"Yes, but within normal ranges" Louis explained, as he noticed Sage holding her arms to him "That's uncle Niall, love, let him give you a cuddle"

"I think she wants her mummy" Niall said when Sage started fussing.

"What's up with you?" Louis asked the baby as he took her, because Sage was usually fine with people other than him or Harry holding her.

"She might not remember me, I haven't seen her in a while" Niall suggested.

"Right... yeah, maybe" Louis considered.

The truth was, for the past month or so, Louis kind of had retreated himself from the world, and had barely seen or talked to anyone, except for Harry and Sage obviously, wanting to be alone.

"I'll go get plates and the pizza so we can eat" Niall decided, and went over to the kitchen.

Louis sat down on the couch with the baby, who had stopped fussing almost immediately, and they were soon joined by Niall, who left the plates and pizza box on the coffee table.

"Can Sage have a little bite of pizza?" Niall wondered as he put a slice on each plate.

"No, she's too little" Louis denied, and he put Sage on the floor again, because she had started kicking her legs which meant she wanted to be put down.

"Look at her go so fast" Niall smiled looking as Sage crawled to her toys.

"Yeah, she just started crawling, but got the hang of it pretty quickly" Louis explained as Niall handed him one of the plates "Thanks, mate".

"You're welcome" Niall answered, and took a bite from his pizza "So...".

"So...?" Louis asked, and took a bite from his slice.

"I've been worried about you, that's why I've been calling you so much, in case you were wondering" Niall explained.

"I figured" Louis nodded, knowing this had to be the reason for Niall's unannounced visit "And I'm sorry I didn't pick up, I just... I wanted to be alone for a while, and just think about what happened, and then I got a bit inspired, and I started writing, and just focused on that".