Letters//Mark

A/n: Requested!

-

It was after school as you opened your locker door and took a peek inside. You had a gut feeling you left something in there.

Ah there it was.

You took your pencil case but when you lifted it up, you saw a note that had cute stationary. You widened your eyes in disbelief. There's no way something as cute and cliche as this could be happening to you! Maybe they had the wrong locker number...

You opened it up and read it anyway. You gasped audibly as you realized it really was for you.

'Hey Bailey,

I saw you at lunch today, your outfit looked really cute on you! Hope one day I can be able to call the one wearing it mine 😘
                                                L.MH.'

You grinned at the emoji they drew and you tucked the note into your back pocket, hoping it wouldn't fall out and wondering who wrote you the note.

You frowned slowly at the realization that one of the schools Barbies could be playing a trick on you. You crumpled the paper and left it on the sidewalk as you walked home, arms crossed.

Little did you know a pair of brown eyes were watching you, a sad frown forming on their face.

-

'Hey... I saw you crumpling my note yesterday and throwing it on the ground... do you need proof I'm real or something? I promise my feelings are real.
                                               Lee.MH'

You stared at the note, knowing you were gonna be late to first period anyway, you always were.

Maybe you should give this person a chance, real or not. Maybe the person behind them really was infatuated with you?

You shook your head and looked forward, walking swiftly to school.

Focus, focus, focus. Romance isn't everything, romance isn't everything.

As you wrote in your book, you realized you were writing your admirers' initials. What were you doing? Was the idea of this happening to you really getting into your head this much?

You realized you were a teenager and even if you wanted to calm down, hormones wouldn't let you.

You smiled softly,

How bad could this possibly be?

--

'Heyo! I really do admire your artwork! I saw it at the gallery at the fair and you're really good at watercolor ^.^ teach me sometime?
                                                 Lee.MH'

You smiled bashfully. Really? They thought your art was good? If they keep this up, you really could fall for whoever this may be.

Maybe you should write them back somehow?

-

'Hello Ms. Robinson!

We are happy to say that you got accepted into working at Hot Topic. All the information about training is down in the attachment below. We hope you have a good time blasting music and helping customers!'

You smiled but also wanted to frown. All your time would be stuck in a room and you would never figure out who was writing to you. But then again, you'd finally get money for that set of colored pencils you'd always wanted. You shrugged, deciding to show up for the training Saturday.