Dance//Jeno

A/n: This isn't an x reader because this was a request from my sister 🙃
This is long because I don't want her complaining 😋

I know it's summer currently but I love winter so~

--

You walked into your new school, a freshman. You had no idea what to do but stare at your schedule. You had thought about looking for your friends so that you could figure everything out together, but you had to remind yourself this was a new school in a completely different area than you were used to.

You sighed, pushing through the crowd. Guess you were gonna have to survive this by yourself for now.

Still staring at your schedule, eyebrows knitted together, you bumped into something. Seeing your schedule float to the ground, you went to pick it up when someone else beat you to it. You widened your eyes and looked up, meeting smiley brown ones.

"Here you go, I'm sorry for bumping into you." You stared at him for a second then came back to reality.

"Huh?- Oh! No, I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going. Thank you." You took your schedule from him, your hands brushing by just the slightest. It was enough to make you blush, though.

"Ah- I'll see you later then." You bowed quickly and turned around to walk away.

You had nearly escaped the scene when you heard his voice again.

"Wait! What's your name?" You turned around and saw him where he was standing earlier.

You looked down for a second, contemplating on whether you wanted to give him your name. You decided it would be rude not to.

"Rose."

"I'm Jeno! Let's meet again!" He gave you an eye smile. The corners of your lips turned up slightly and you nodded, making your way back to where you think your class was.

--

You were able to figure out how the schools rooms were organized and you knew where all of your classes were when lunchtime came.

You didn't have anyone to sit with though, because you had stayed silent during most of your classes.

Tightening your grip on your lunch bag, you looked around when you locked eyes with Jeno.

He noticed you were standing alone and gestured you over.

"Rose! Come sit with us!" You bit your lip and shrugged. How bad could it be?

-

Extremely bad.

The boys kept making jokes and it was funny at first, but due to your introverted self, you couldn't take any more of it and exused yourself from the table.

The boys looked confused and before they could say anything, you rushed out the doors and outside the cafeteria.

You found your way to a fountain near the back of the school and you decided to eat there.

You heard fast footsteps coming your way but you didn't think much of it. It was probably a teacher.

"Rose! Why did you run away like that? I thought we were all getting along." A slightly frowning Jeno came up from behind you.

"Sorry Jeno, I just get drained easily and it was too much for me." You said. You put a spring roll in your mouth and continued eating.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know that. . . I could sit with you here by myself if you want! I still want to eat with you." He offered. You blushed once again and looked down, covering your face with your bangs. How were you supposed to respond to this?

"Uhm, sure. If you don't mind sitting away from your friends. They won't come here looking for you will they?" You asked, not sure if it sounded rude. He smiled at you and tried making eye contact by bending down.

"No, they won't I already told them to stay behind." He explained. You finally looked up and smiled, making eye contact with him.

--

That was how you met and befriended Jeno. You guys didn't stop talking at that fountain for months after that. Of course you warmed up to the boys and their ways so they didn't drain you anymore.

But that's not what was on your mind. During the months you and Jeno become closer, you had developed feelings for him. You knew you shouldn't feel the way you felt because Jeno was pretty popular and he had a lot of girls chasing after him.

But the winter dance was coming up and you wanted to go. But you didn't want to show up without a date.

You sighed and pulled your cardigan around you. The weather wasn't supposed to be very cold this week, but mother nature had other plans.

You suddenly felt something wrap around you and engulf you in warmth. It was a winter leather jacket. You looked over at your hero and saw it was Jeno.

"Thank you Jeno, but won't you be cold yourself?" You asked him, raising an eyebrow. He shrugged, trying to play it off, but you could see goosebumps on his arms.

You hummed, knowing that you couldn't persuade him to take it back, he was pretty stubborn. You didn't mind, though. It smelt like him. You smiled softly under your scarf and looked over at Jeno.

He was holding himself, but looking at you at the same time and you giggled at the sight.

He couldn't tell what you were giggling at and made a confused face until he looked at himself. He let out a chuckle and flashed his eye smile, but it didn't last long.

He looked back to the ground and you bent down, making eye contact with him.

"Jeno Lee~ why so quiet?" You blinked. A snowflake landed on your nose and Jeno laughed, wiping it off.

"Oh hush!" You said, slapping his arm. You were back to your normal posture and you starting wiping your face for anymore snowflakes. You didn't notice Jeno standing there gazing at you lovingly until you looked at him.

"W- what?" You asked him, a bit flustered.

"Nothing, you just look really cute in my jacket." You blushed, pulling your scarf up to face so that he couldn't see.

"Hmm." You hummed. Jeno laughed and pulled you closer to him and you started walking around the town. You blushed even more, but Jeno didn't seem to notice.

He stopped suddenly and looked at you, tugging your arm so that you would face him.

"Hey, Rose? Can I ask you something?" You blushed and nodded. He took your hand and gave you an eye smile before getting all serious.

"So, I've liked you for a while now, and I know you probably don't feel the same but just in case you do I need to ask you... but do you want to go to the dance together? Like, more than friends." He looked at you in the eyes when he asked and you couldn't help but smile widely.

"Oh my gosh, Jeno you dummy I like you too!" You jumped in place, and Jeno gave you a lasting eye smile.

"Does that mean you'll go with me?" He asked and you nodded, hugging him, then giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Of course!"

----

A/n: WhoOps that ending sucked. I don't know how to end my writing so I am extremely sorry if it was unsatisfying.

Just imagine Jeno in a tux dancing with you ❤️