My Addiction//Taeyong

A/n: Character smokes a bit in this one- if you're not comfortable with that, I'm sorry I'll try to upload something else soon 🤗

I have no ideas currently if anyone wants to request anything doNt Be ShY PlEasE
--

You breathe in the comforting flavor, laying on your back on your couch. You slowly exalt the burning sensation and gaze up to the gray cloud you had created. You sighed and rolled your eyes back a little and you let the ceiling fade slowly. You enjoyed the smell and the silence before there was a knock on your apartment window.

You opened and widened your eyes, seeing as it was your boyfriend, Taeyong. You wouldn't mind if it was one of your friends, but it was Taeyong. You cursed to yourself and tried to fan the smoke out of the room.

You were worried because, well, the thing was... you haven't told Taeyong that you smoked and you thought that if he knew it would change his view of you. You loved him a lot and couldn't bare for him to leave because of something as petty as this.

It was too late, the window opened and Taeyong climbed in.

You had been able to fan the smoke away, but your cancer stick was still in your hands. There wasn't a carpet or table near enough for you to calmly put it away without looking suspicious. The lighter was left on the coffee table and you hoped he wouldn't look at it.

"Hey babe." Taeyong hopped in and hugged you cutely. He pulled away and smiled and you couldn't help but smile smile back. When he pulled away, he went to hold your hands.

That's when it happened.

He must've felt something in them so then he looked down, only to see the cigarette where his hand should be.

He furrowed his brows and you gulped, looking away. You quickly put your hands behind your back and Taeyong looked back up at you.

"Babe. What was that." He tried to look around you but you swiftly turned and his face was a little frustrated.

"Nothing." You hummed, trying to look convincing. He shook his head and stood back up.

"Tell me what that was was, Y/n." He crossed his arms, his sharp eyes locking onto yours. Your eyes saddened when you realized there was no going back.

"It was a cigarette..." You had quietly said. "But please don't leave me because of it! I love you please, I can't bear you to leave! I'll- I'll stop if I have to! Just please don't see me as less because of this." You made desperate hand motions and Taeyong's eyes turned from questioning to soft.

He held your arms to stop your vigorous motions and you looked down. He let go for a second to push your head up gently with his finger.

"Hey, hey look at me. I don't care that you smoke, I just... look I'm sorry if I came off as angry at first I just didn't want to lose you." You looked at him, eyes hopeful.

"R- really? What do you mean? I'm staying right here." You asked, confused. He sighed and sat down on the couch and glanced at the lighter. You could've sworn his eyes shattered like glass, and you became worried.

"When I was younger I lost my grandfather due to smoking. He was addicted to it, and he was my best friend. He used to play with me but it came to a point where he wouldn't anymore because he needed to smoke. I- his addiction killed him, Y/n. I don't want to lose you like how I lost him." He looked down at the floor and then back at you.

You had sat down on the couch beside him and you started rubbing his back.

"Taeyong, I'm sorry, I didn't know it would affect you this much. But I'm not addicted Taeyong. I just do it occasionally, that's all." Taeyong nodded his head.

"But what if you become addicted?" He asked, concerned. You shook your head.

"I'm strong, and I have more to my life than smoking. Way more." You looked up at him, placing a mischievous grin on your face.

"Besides, I only have one addiction." You said, smiling in reassurance.

Taeyong looked at you, eyes wide with worry. "What? What are you addicted to?" You giggled and kissed his nose.

"You."

---

A/n: I'll stop with the self hate down in the author notes for today :P