"You-" I cut myself off to look back at the paper. "Why you always hiding shit from me?!" I asked as I mugged her.

"I didn't even know I was pregnant!" She defended herself.

"Nah mayne, I can't believe this shit." I started getting heated, shaking my head.

"Yatta, I didn't know I was pregnant!" She repeated and I shook my head again.

"And how do I know that?" I looked over at her.

"Because I'm telling you." I could tell her eyes started to get all watery, but I wasn't buying it.

I shook my head at her. "You so damn selfish."

"How? How, Yatta?" She rolled her neck.

"You ain't think I wanted to know??" I asked.

"I didn't think it would matter-"

"You fuckin serious?! That's my fuckin baby, bro! Of course it's gon matter! You sound fuckin stupid!" I was getting so heated.

"That came out wrong, that's not what I meant! I didn't want to think about it anymore because it hurt me too! The first week I got out, I wasn't crying because I was in pain! That medicine was doing enough for me, I was just hurt that I lost my baby because of the accident." She was on the verge of tears but I shook my head.

"Bullshit, for all I know you could've tried to kill my seed." I spoke.

Her eyes widened. "You serious?! You think I'd try to kill my child?!"

"Would you? You don't seem too phased right now." I spoke out of anger.

She shook her head at me. "You gotta be fuckin playin-"

"This look like a fuckin joke, bro?! This the second time you hid something from me! First you was fuckin wit my bro and now you ain't tell me bout my own baby? On Cork Mamé, you really blowing me." I spoke.

She started tearing up as she tried to speak but I shook my head. "And I was finna give you this damn promise ring." I laughed at myself for being so dumb. "Fuck allat."

"Yatta, I didn't know how to tell yo-"

"I needa go somewhere else, you fucked my head up forreal." I cut her off and grabbed my shit that I needed. Including the ring box.

I sighed and shook my head as I started up my car. She big trippin if she think I'm finna put up with allat bull. If she can't be honest with me when she finds shit out, she shouldn't be with me at all.
_______________________________

                             Mamé's POV

I quickly stood up once I heard the front door open, then close. It was going on 3 am Yatta struggled to walk straight, just now coming home. I rushed to his side to help him.

"What the fuck happened?!" I panicked as I looked down at his clothes that were covered in blood. I held onto him and tried to help him walk but he snatched away from me.

"Ion wanna talk about it." He walked past me but I was right on his tail.

He sat on the bed, struggling to take off his shoes.

"Yatta, what happened?" I asked again as I tried to comfort him.

He quickly shook me off him and threw both his shoes at the wall, making a big thud which shook me.